Where to buy a lighted switch on the control panel

After having experienced wasted propane not realizing that the water heater was on as there's no indication that it is, I have decided to replace the non-lighted switch to a lighted one so I know to turn it off if I left it on accidentally. Right now, the water pump and patio lights illuminates but not the water heater so I would like to replace that one. Anyone knows of a website I can order the same switch? Thanks.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Could you maybe move the patio lights to the unlighted switch and put your propane on the "now free" lighted switch?
(i would think that the patio lights are "self-announcing")

--dick

That's a great idea! If I come up empty, I think that's what I will do. Of course, there's always a possibility that I'll leave the patio lights on while driving down a dark highway and the cop pulls me over and issue a citation for creating a hazardous distractions for other drivers.. jk.

RT.SS

I changed all my panel switches to illuminated ones, they are basic SPST switches. The water heater switch is also same, I even modified it after I added an electric heating element.
switches-on.jpgswitch-installed-1.jpg

Attachments

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Another great idea from RTSS

Once -- just once-- I left my inverter turned on while Agile was parked in driveway, for 3 days (nothing else was turned on). Needless to say, my coach batteries lost quite a bit of their capacity as a result. (Fortunately they still have enough to do the job for a day or two.) If I had had an illuminated switch alerting me to the inverter being on....

Where'd you get those switches?

RT.SS

Once -- just once-- I left my inverter turned on while Agile was parked in driveway, for 3 days (nothing else was turned on). Needless to say, my coach batteries lost quite a bit of their capacity as a result. (Fortunately they still have enough to do the job for a day or two.) If I had had an illuminated switch alerting me to the inverter being on....

I got the switches many years ago from EBay , unfortunately the product link is no longer active. The original switches dimensions are as follows> 21 mm (W) x 26.11 mm (L).

For the older Trip-Lite inverter remote switch, some modification is needed to illuminate the switch if Inverter is switch ON. I have it documented here> http://roadtreklife.blogspot.com/2014/01/illuminated-remote-switches-for-patio.html

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Guess I'll have to wait until we get ours out of storage to look that over. Like I said, I only did it once.

BTW, all the info we got when we bought the thing referred to the Trip-Lite inverter, but we have a different one, a Chinese thing. (Had to go online, find it, then download & print manuals....grrr.)

DSC06804.jpg

I changed all my panel switches to illuminated ones, they are basic SPST switches. The water heater switch is also same, I even modified it after I added an electric heating element.
Very nice, I just ordered one that's similar in dimension to the blue ones came from the factory except this one was red illumination. This is fine as if it's lit, I know right away that the water heater is on.

Attachments

My factory inverter switch has very small rectangular LED that illuminates if left on. They drain the coach batteries quite rapidly. At least for me, I got used to checking if it's lit before I leave the van.

My factory inverter switch has very small rectangular LED that illuminates if left on. They drain the coach batteries quite rapidly. At least for me, I got used to checking if it's lit before I leave the van.

Speaking of which, I have recently replaced my Ecotrek 200Ah module which is very heavy with 2 new Battleborn 100Ah lithiums. It had worked so well that I just ordered 2 more to make my total coach power to true 400Ah -- with it I will probably be able to run the AC for couple of hours at least. I think this is the best upgrade I have done to my SS Agile and now I can boon dock indefinitely as long as there's ample solar available.

Top Bottom