2006 LTV map light bulb 1816 needed

englewoodfl

Early 2006 T1N LTV Free Spirit
Over the passenger's head is a small "map" light on a flex arm. The bulb is an 1816 but neither a Sylvania or NAPA bulb will fit because they are too big. The bulb I removed has a diameter of .34" while the other bulbs are .395". Where can I buy the correct "version" of the bulb?
FYI - the spec for the bulb is a width of 10mm (GE specs at 11mm) which is what the replacements are but the bulb I removed is ~8.5mm.

If I can't buy a bulb what's a good replacement for the entire assembly?

2006-LTV-map-light.jpg2006-LTV-1816-bulb.jpg

Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
That looks like an old fashioned instrument panel bulb or possibly side light bulb. It was certainly popular in the UK in the past.

Keith.

englewoodfl

The van is LTV so finished in Canada. I've noticed other parts that produced in Canada - but why would you make or install with non-standard bulbs? Maybe I'll just get an adjustable LED reading light and swap it. I used a stick and popped the trim base off - glad it's screwed in from the reverse.
merkel-lamp-base.jpg

englewoodfl

Well - that was interesting. After research found that a Wagner 17131 apparently matched the bulb that was in the map light holder. On Amazon +$100.00 for Q=1 but only $2.50 for Q=1 at the blue car parts store. After filing a small amount of excess solder off fit right in and at 4 watts is the same as the "1816" bulb. A little dim but the CEO is happy. Done with yet another item on the long to do list.

Top Bottom