Order timeline to Build Date

Jumpy787

I'm curious how long it takes to get a build date from the time you place an order. We placed the order just before Christmas and still haven't heard anything. They're still saying delivery around July but I'm not as optimistic as they are.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Hi, my understanding is you should have received an order number and week number for the build.
Otherwise, you may not have an actual order in the MBZ system.

icebreaker

This is probably not helpful but we placed our order in March, 2020. No updates until early October: Our Sprinter had been built but was now sitting on a lot at the factory due to a bottleneck with shipping. Our next update was mid/late November: It had shipped. Arrived at dealership just after Thanksgiving. Personally I’d think you’d be lucky to get in by July but maybe MB has sped things up.

On the bright side, save for one minor one, ours had every option we’d ordered.

Git

This is probably not helpful but we placed our order in March, 2020. No updates until early October: Our Sprinter had been built but was now sitting on a lot at the factory due to a bottleneck with shipping. Our next update was mid/late November: It had shipped. Arrived at dealership just after Thanksgiving. Personally I’d think you’d be lucky to get in by July but maybe MB has sped things up.

Placed order early March, built in mid July, picked it up in early December.

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
Ordered and accepted into MB order que end of Nov 2020, production scheduled for 1st 10 day period in March. Still on schedule I'm told.

Jumpy787

So you didn't receive a build date at all from March until October?

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
So you didn't receive a build date at all from March until October?
Maybe the dealer wasn't completely upfront with icebreaker. The dealer may have taken the order & waited for a MB order spot that was convenient to him, profit wise. This is pure speculation, and sure don't want to cast aspersions on anyone, but icebreaker should have had received periodic updates - and insisted on them.

Top Bottom