Pictures of your Sprinter

stp57

What a brilliant use of steel pipe. What is that tool directly under the laptop?
Steve

Here's a pic of "work mode" - didn't make it on the last post of pics I made to this thread...

Sorry for the sun glare - kinda bright here these days!!

nebep

What a brilliant use of steel pipe. What is that tool directly under the laptop?
Steve
It's the equivalent of a "laser printer for keys" - If you look at the piece of paper to the right, you'll see a pic of a Chev. Cobalt. The screen has the specs for the key on it...So, while chopping it out, I have a clear view on the screen of what I need to be cutting.

For the Jotto Desk top to fit into the pipe I did have to open the internal diameter a little bit...did it with a air powered die grinder and a round stone...Just took a couple of hits with it and the post of the platform slid right in!!

I have the Jotto Desk bottom mounted to the passenger seat - when I know I'll be somewhere for a while, I'll just move the top to the position you see in the picture.

It may seem piddly, but, it really does save time, and over time, a LOT of it...

the pipe idea came from a friend who built the equiv. of a Jotto for the front of his truck out of galvanized pipe...

To the left of the machine is one of MATCO's new battery powered 1/4" ratchets - that thing ROCKS!!!

Mr DJ

Garden of the Gods Campground, Colorado Springs, CO, August 2009
View attachment 21364
GregT

Your Sprinter is setup exactly how I want mine, window-wise. I will have the same size puppy but a Cargo 4x4. Inside: one row of removable rear bench seating, rear heating and AC along with all niceties available. Outside: rear ladder; sliding doors both sides (electric if available) towing with rear step (I think someone showed a photo where that's possible); outside spare tire; backup cam; skirting, and all other outside niceties. But after seeing yours, I may add the rear section windows.

I really want a 3500; love those quads on the rear but need all the space inside.

Thanks for posting that puppy.

Mr DJ

Chandlerazman

Thanks Mike,
No, I gave up on the grass and tree haulin' gig. In fact, my landscaper is coming to work on the yards tomorrow :bounce: Everthing is growing way outta control for me to handle!

Mike Horton

Hey Simon. Are those rear bumper reflectors wired up or is that the sun setting on them that makes them look lit up?

Just down the road from chandlerazman, in fact I saw him on the road a few months back. Here are some pics of my 07. Started as a straight cargo with 32k on the clock, bought on eBay out of Miami, FL. Slowly morphing into a minimalist overnight camper/bike hauler/tree limb or whatever hauler. Wife calls her the Mistress. I am going on a 2 month road trip this summer, so attempting to get her to a minimum level of functionality for occasional overnighters. I have a Trail Manor camping trailer that she pulls like nothing, so I don't want to go full dedicated RV. We like to get a couple hours out of town for the night occasionally, and want the ability to overnight without undue discomfort. I have 2 seats out of a Chevy van, custom fabricated bayonette mounts. I usually only keep the rear of the 2 seats in place, that gives me exactly room for a full size Thermarest mattress between the bench and front seats. Just got my 30amp AC/DC converter installed with shore power fitting. FanTastic fan due in this week. I am fitting the interior skins of stained ash plywood as I get ready to close up a section, but I want to finish most of the wiring and fitting before doing so to minimize the takedown and reassembly. I do a lot of diving, so I have a tank rail that runs along the passenger side from aft of the slider to the stern. I have fabricated some tank clamps that hook into the UniStrut rail, works wonderful, plenty of room for divers and gear (and we require LOTS of gear!)

Attachments

Chandlerazman

Michael, we need to meet up. What did you use for the roof insulation? I need to do something to keep the excessive summer sun at bay.
I would also like to add a single seat for a third passenger in the back behind the slider door. It would back up against shelving and be out of the way.

momomobil

hi johan turbo,

great looking van!! have you got pic's of the inside by any chance?? i am also converting my 312d lwb into a rv and always looking for ideas!!

thanks
mozart

Top Bottom