Pictures of your Sprinter

81duck

Happy hood wrap day! Contemplated doing the roof over the cab also but had never seen a van like that until now. Looks good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you mind sharing the cost to wrap the hood? I'm trying to decide between wrap and paint. Thanks!

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
Do you mind sharing the cost to wrap the hood? I'm trying to decide between wrap and paint. Thanks!
I paid $250 for the hood wrap in San Diego. I also had the painted trim surrounding the grill wrapped for another $80. I removed and installed the grill trim and hood vents myself to save some money. Both are easy to accomplish. The satin black wrap is reversible, just peel it off. It will reportedly hold up for about 5 years. A good paint job will last 10+ years but will cost twice as much. Since that picture was taken I had the same wrap shop add some silver matching wrap over the headlights. I liked the looks of the change after seeing other vans including @Wrinkledpants. The added silver pieces cost $70.

F162EBD5-965E-4138-8CC2-888749FB233F.jpeg

Last edited:

81duck

I paid $250 for the hood wrap in San Diego. I also had the painted trim surrounding the grill wrapped for another $80. I removed and installed the grill trim and hood vents myself to save some money. Both are easy to accomplish. The satin black wrap is reversible, just peel it off. It will reportedly hold up for about 5 years. A good paint job will last 10+ years but will cost twice as much. Since that picture was taken I had the same wrap shop add some silver matching wrap over the headlights. I liked the looks of the change after seeing other vans including @Wrinkledpants. The added silver pieces cost $70.

View attachment 141730
Looks great, I'm going down the same path. After crossing the cascades 5 times this winter my hood looks pretty bad. Going to have the rocker panels done as well. Trying to find a black star like you have but everyone is sold out. If MBZ was smart they'd make that a $200 option.

Do you know if satin is the same as "flat"black?

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
Satin is in between flat black and semi-gloss. I was concerned flat black shows dirt and smudges and does not clean up as well as Satin.

Both the front and rear MB emblems can be removed. There are a few permanent, anti-theft, tabs that can be snipped off from behind. The remaining tabs can be depressed to release the emblem. I coated mine with Plasticoat.

D6482FE2-5209-4950-9EA7-89400467A555.jpeg

Last edited:
You folks have some really awesome rigs. I really enjoy seeing what's out there.

Thot I'd share a photo of my rig in Palm Springs, CA at the end of a quick trip to Northern California. I'm thinking that if a picture is worth a thousand words, this one screams "HOT" about 999 times.

Stay cool out there.

Attachments

Suebdoo

Here are pictures of the 2006 Pleasure Way TS3 I just acquired a few weeks ago. It had 94,000 miles on it when I purchased it and we have already taken down to South Florida and up to North Carolina. We averaged almost 22 MPG when keeping it under 70 MPH. We have only dry camped in it so far and have only dumped the tanks once. So far everything is working very well. We use the 3-way fridge and microwave the most. We have not even had to turn the air condintioning on, yet, although, it definitely works! It's got a custom sound system with subwoofers which makes driving it all the more fun. I did purchase a more modern head unit that has a 7" flip-up screen, is blue-tooth compatible, and will support the backup camera. Other modifications include Hella driving lights mounted on the brush guard that come on with the high beams, air horns, and some misc., handy interior upgrades.

Kevin

View attachment 64503

View attachment 64504

View attachment 64505

View attachment 64506

View attachment 64507
This looks exactly like the one I am thinking of purchasing. What did you buy yours for several years ago?

Top Bottom