Pictures of your Sprinter

Chandlerazman

Here's to seeing your ride!

This is my Sprinter as of today...

I just added a microwave which runs perfectly on my inverter.

Mike Horton

Simon,

Thanks for posting those impressive pictures of your Sprinter. You have done a fantastic job on the cargo area. I love those over head lights and how you integrated your shelving and tool boxes! Please slip in some more pic's of your cockpit and all the cool gadgets like back up monitor and gps etc. Now all thats left is MB Badging!

nebep

I'll just warn you now that it was a rough week when I took these shots - should be obvious by the condition of the floor....

The roof is a "borrowed page" from the Snap-On man. Works incredibly well for stuff I need quick access to. Here's how it's made: I went to one of the major home center retailers and picked up a pickup truck "cargo net" - made of the elastic cording. I took that apart and came up with a nice, long section out of it, then started "sewing". I think making up that roof took longer than the rest of what you see. Whoever the Snap-On guys are paying for making this stuff up should be in business for a long time...

The peg board is all fastened with rivets that are used specifically for semi-trailers. There's dynamat and foam insulation behind the sides, and just the foam insulation behind the pegboard on the roof.

The table tops are 1/8" stainless with backsplashes. I'm a locksmith by trade, so, unlike other trades, I actually do a good bit of work inside the van. It's a combination toolbox on wheels, plus workbench. So, I tried setting this up so there would be as much work surface available as possible.

The toolboxes are all Craftsman "Grip-Latch" boxes so the drawers will stay shut while heading down the road. This is an 02 medium wheelbase unit. (Every once in a while this one particular drawer will decide it wants to be open...Other than that - they all have stayed closed very well.)

Between the stainless top surface and the top of the toolboxes is a 1" square tub frame. Over the wheel wells, two shelves are accomplished. They hang from the square tube frame that's sitting above the toolboxes. This just gives extra storage space. It's all bolted to the floor with grade 8 hardware. On the passenger side, over the wheel well there's a Tripp-Lite 2000 inverter with an Optima Yellow top battery "driving" it. All of the key machines are 110V. This truck isn't far from getting a "roof overhaul" - the lighting situation in this truck isn't that great - I plan on mounting the LEDs that I've writte about previously from our DIY conversion.

(For those really interested - that space ship looking thing on the right as you look at the slider is the machine that cuts NCV3 keys....)

During standard duty I have a Jotto-Desk between the front seats. The galvanized pipe in the second picture is so that I can move the top part of the jotto desk to the back and use the computer in the back with quick access. Sometimes I sit still at one place and make 20-30 keys in that single location. So, the PC being in the back and quickly accessible is a BIG help.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Hikinginpdx

Sprinter is for sale
Simon,

Really nice straight and clean setup you have there. :thumbup: Is anything every out of place in your world?

P.S. Love love convertible too.

BRANCALEONE

Nebep
Have you ever considered investing in a partition?
I wouldn't like to be in your passenger seat when you have an accident....All those tools flying around may hit you. Not that you have me as a passenger...just my:2cents:.

Regards.

Mauro

nebep

Nebep
Have you ever considered investing in a partition?
I wouldn't like to be in your passenger seat when you have an accident....All those tools flying around may hit you. Not that you have me as a passenger...just my:2cents:.

Regards.

Mauro
I have considered doing something - you bring up a valid point that I have thought about.

On the driver side, the blue Kobalt box behind the driver seat, is, well, right up against the back of the driver seat. (Forgot to mention one of the boxes is a Kobalt...caught it on a deal, was missing a couple of detents and it was the PERFECT size.)

So, in order to accomplish this, I think we'd need to fab up something that would go "around" the box behind the driver seat.

I rarely ever have a passenger with me in this unit.

Mr DJ

Avid,

Tell me about your paint job--sweet. Would also like to see more photos--inside as well.

Thanks in advance.

Mr DJ

avid

Saphira's rider
Avid,
Tell me about your paint job--sweet. Would also like to see more photos--inside as well.
Thanks, Saphira is a handsome looking vehicle and we are grateful to own her. Airstream ordered their Sprinter fleet in silver instead of white. The color gradient side stripe was available in either blue, green, blue, black or maroon. The parallel slashes through the stripe are a graphic evocative of the models name, Interstate. After I saw my first silver Sprinter RV I was determined to have one. Sprinter vans look drop dead gorgeous in Mercedes silver. I think MB should paint all Sprinters silver. The vehicle is a departure from the norm in every way, why not set a new standard in the color as well?

I will take some pictures on the inside during our next trip. We would be heading over to the Oregon Coast any day if it would stop raining. Not that aren't grateful for the moisture and the warm winter that El Nino is providing.

David

nebep

Understanding this isn't a "tree huggers" thread -

Simon,

did you try baking soda to remove that stuff???

(I've been using it to clean some stuff lately that it seems almost impossible to find a good cleaner for and it has worked amazingly well...I think the formula is 1part baking soda to 3parts water...I just mix it til it gets sorta pasty...works crazy good...)

Ok, now, since we're looking for pics - here's my "score of the year" - found it at a home center store - on the "nobody seems to want this thing" rack - $100....said it was reduced from $650ish....I happen to think it will make an EXCELLENT sink for our DIY conversion...

(Don't worry - I'll be updating the thread somewhere once it's in...)

Attachments

teamtexas

A Dad owner with a '03
Ok, now, since we're looking for pics - here's my "score of the year" - found it at a home center store - on the "nobody seems to want this thing" rack - $100....said it was reduced from $650ish....I happen to think it will make an EXCELLENT sink for our DIY conversion...
nice little sink!

dan:cheers:

Top Bottom