DPF failed per Mercedes

Rjstaudi

I have a 2013 Sprinter with 172,000 miles. Recently I’ve had the check engine light come on for diesel particulate filter restriction. The first mechanic performed a regen and said it cleared the light. The same code returned. The next mechanic said my numbers looked great and it could be a faulty computer. The light returned and I brought it to another mechanic who said the same thing. The light returned and I brought it to Mercedes. The said the DPF failed internally. The numbers read 80% soot and 2.7 grams ash. They recommend a new diesel particulate filter for $4475.
I don’t know much aboutDPF’s and their cost. I need another opinion from people that may understand this better.
On top of this they said my front struts are worn, the steering rack needs to be replaced due to a leak from the top seal and replace steering shaft and column.
all of the repairs come to a grand total of $10,800!
Does this all seem necessary and a fair price?

lindenengineering

From our shop records failures should be at about 250,000 miles on overage for average usage .
So we question what are the differential pressure sensor and exhaust back pressure readings for starters.

The rack replacement should be in the order of $2100 to $2500 including alignment sundries and fluids etc .
Dennis

Top Bottom