2021 Revel Mods

regattago

Dash looks 100% better with more storage. Looks like a dash should. Easily swapped, Plastic nuts already installed for these glove boxes. I guess the Revel started off as the base model. Under the cavity panel was carpeted insulation mat, I put some dynamite on the backside just for rattle/squeak protection. Maybe it will help it run quieter as well.
Where exactly did the dash glove box covers come from?
Mike

smittylube

Installed the mini leaf springs pack today. I decided since mine is on the fence at 4020 lbs/ lighter side of built out, that I would try only 2 springs. This yielded all 4 corner fenders level, and about 3/4” higher in the rear measuring the black trim. So I gained 3/4” suspension travel in the back. Exactly what I had hoped for. The drive home from the shop was noticeably better and not too stiff. Granted I’m empty at this weight, that is a good thing. Left the small knob at 2- it felt excellent. Sits much more properly now.

I can still add the 3rd leaf at any time if I feel the need.

smittylube

post #4....
This step they sell is pretty good to have also. But beware, mine needed some holes drilled in the right location. I received mine and the holes were not even on both sides. I took some time and corrected this before I installed it and IMO it functions easier as it should. If you watch the CA vans install video he just slams it in has to hit it to fold it down. I wanted mine to function smoothly and it does. I am planning a mod to make the release easier as well.
I don’t think I mentioned that I had a piece of wood trim laying around so I cut it to size, covered it with CF wrap and used double sided tape to attach across the bottom of the step brackets so it is easily pushed with my foot and lowered out of the way. Works slick.

but if you do get this step be sure to ‘massage‘ it to work smoothly.

smittylube

Finished my Horn install today, Jumpered the existing horn into power from the relay as well so I get instant horn, OMG it is LOUD! Took me way longer than 20 minutes..

smittylube

I have been watching my PS return hose. The hose pulled back and the clamp slid forward so I decided to handle that today.
I had some Pentosyn PS fluid in stock, used a barbed 3/8 splice with a few inched of 3/8 ps return hose. I pushed the hose and splice on and could not pull it off even without the clamps installed. Pretty confident it'll hold. It doesn't look like it but the hose must be too short- best to add some to relieve the tension.

Also was chatting another sprinter van owner when grabbing a campsite and he mentioned he ran across another sprinter with a hose that came off stranding him in the desert.
Note- those of you who do this, if you are even a little quick and have something to plug the hose or end, very little oil leaks out.

pruveit

Hi. I was wondering if the 2021 Revel had wireless Apple Air Play? I have one on order and just don’t see a confirmation anywhere.
Thank you.

JP

smittylube

Finally had some time and wrapped the EIS module for prevention, relocating it so the cables will drip instead of draw water into the module.

Also took off the plastic chrome side lights, took care of a small bit of rust at the screws, resealed them as well as the entire light and did the black paint to go better with all the black trim and accessories on the rig.

Attachments

Last edited:

smittylube

Found an Easter egg.

we camp a lot at New Brighton since it’s close. This past weekend the awning failed to extend from the switch.
LED lights worked, pulled fuse and such still nothing. A bit of searching I find a wind sensor has aaa batteries that if they go dead cause problems. I took off the forward end cover searching for the sensor and testing saw no voltage or sensor. When I removed the switch from above the fridge and started back probing the wires all of a sudden the awning started working. Fortunately or not it kept working so I didn’t really ‘fix’ anything. Was able to find this BT wind sensor and the batteries were fine 1.52v each.
Through this proceed I found carefree awnings has an app so I DL it and it has some fine tuning for the wind sensor as well as dimming for the led lights that we had felt were very bright and didn’t use often for this reason.

Good2Go

Dash looks 100% better with more storage. Looks like a dash should. Easily swapped, Plastic nuts already installed for these glove boxes. I guess the Revel started off as the base model. Under the cavity panel was carpeted insulation mat, I put some dynamite on the backside just for rattle/squeak protection. Maybe it will help it run quieter as well.
Where did you order the covers for the dash?

smittylube

Where did you order the covers for the dash?
the part numbers are in this thread. Then search for who has them Close to you.

Wayne B

Would you please provide more information on what model where you purchased it thank you

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Would you please provide more information on what model where you purchased it thank you
Hi, see this thread for the MBZ part #'s

smittylube

Latest tweaks.
Did anyone know the hold down loops in the floor are removable? Based on how low they mount them and the fact they used 14 screws with the heads too big to fit properly in the countersink. This makes it difficult to impossible to remove them with the quick release design.
After a trip to the hardware store the guy got me thinking notably use the proper screw, but raise it to be able to remove them easily.
The result is rotate the screws to allow new holes to be drilled, added these spacers to bring them up with access to release them and easily rotate the loop.
First pic is as delivered.
The two rear ones are not as far below the finish floor height, so only one spacer (washer)

Attachments

Top Bottom