2021 Revel Mods

smittylube

Tire pressure settings. Door says 70, but then it gets hot and you're up to 75/79 +.
245/70 K02 rated at 80 psi 3000#
Divide 3000 by 80 you get 37.5 Actual weight of my revel with full tanks and 2 peeps is 8k almost same front and back.
so 2000 divided by 37.50 = 53.3
When I lowered my rears to only 65 I started to get sidewall flex. Read up on radial tires. This is required for good traction.

The ride improvement from 70 to 65 is dramatic. I probably will end up at 60 then I won't need to change the pressure if I load it some.

I really suggest those who have not played with pressures explore what works for you.

smittylube

That was my first reaction when looking around at these. Now I'd rather not have a face over it. Its cheap as shit. looks like a fake add on IMO.

smittylube

Mini review ---- 275/65/17 K02 ----

I just went for a drive and the improvement is HUGE. Very noticeable. Cornering, freeway stability overall improvement in drivability. I would say it is noisier due to the wider tread contact, but on freeway speed curves I feel like gassing it instead of just make the turn. Some bumps ride quieter, some a bit noisier.
Anyone considering larger tires I suggest do it. These tires have about 200# higher rating. These may have more sidewall plies, if I push on the tire with my foot these don't squirm like the 245's did.
I do feel they take more to push them and that makes me very glad I didn't go 275/70 being over an inch taller.

Last edited:

smittylube

Tire update. Played with the pressures and these tires feel fantastic. I feel like I'm floating but have more positive control than before. seemingly less noise with less pressure. Very very happy I did this. It looks beefier as well.

smittylube

Falcons installed. Front Sumo.
started with the rears and front sumo, then did the front Falcons.

I suggest doing them at the same time because it doesn’t feel right with a great rear shock and not enough shock up front.
I was questioning if I made a mistake, but after fronts added to the mix I realized I did the right thing.

Great improvement as everyone else says. Well worth it. The confidence you get and the way it stays in the lane are totally worth it.

smittylube

Finished cutting the fender liner. I have been wanting to throw in some more kilmat (dynomat equivalent) while I was in there I did the part from about the firewall back. First drive it definitely helped and the radio volume level on the freeway is down 1 or 2 letters.

Attachments

Last edited:

smittylube

Eric B posted his cut job and that was my inspiration for cutting less than the instructions. I still rushed it, but it came out decent.

smittylube

Drove it up to the mountains and the shocks are amazing. No more bouncy backend, tracks in the lanes on the freeway almost like a normal truck now. Loaded up the ride was smooth silverware not rattling. 1000% worth the effort and cost.

smittylube

Since I have been taking it up to the mountains and there has been snow, I grabbed the shorter antenna to hopefully prevent antenna damage. Have not tested it to verify if it performs as well as the stock one.

Eric B

I'm confused how the antenna was damaged in the other thread ? how does it get messed up, without having hit the roof or whatever ?
It's a pretty dry winter down here .. Tahoe is calling for sure ...

smittylube

Apparently he had a sheet of snow on the roof, put the brakes on and it all slid forward and bent the antenna mast.
Personally I don’t like the look as much as stock, I don’t play the radio much, some xm, but here there are a lot of redwoods that block the signal, so it does cut out pretty often. The one I bought is about 4 or 5” so there is still that chance It could bend as well.
Ive been going up to Arnold and Bear Valley on the weekends and it has been snowing there.

smittylube

I removed the rear door ladder mount at the top and found cracking at the nutserts in the outer door skin. Other Revel owners may want to address this.

Dash looks 100% better with more storage. Looks like a dash should. Easily swapped, Plastic nuts already installed for these glove boxes. I guess the Revel started off as the base model. Under the cavity panel was carpeted insulation mat, I put some dynamite on the backside just for rattle/squeak protection. Maybe it will help it run quieter as well.
dash panel was there ? or you purchase them somewhere online?

Top Bottom