Damaged Atwood Ladder Replacement Parts... Source?

codycat

Wind/tree limb damage to the right ladder rail on our 2015.5 Unity MB. Does anyone know of a source for a replacement part? Atwood was purchased by Dometic and their web site should be listed as embarrassing when it comes to customer service/access.

Attachments

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
You may have to buy a complete new one, you typically only see rungs, end caps, stanchions, star nuts, etc. As spare parts available. Th3 book Leisure provides should have the exact model number and service contact information. If I had more specific information with model number and better quality close up picture of what was damaged I could help you look.

codycat

Thank you for the reply. Don Schaak at LTV answered my email right away. They have a complete ladder but no individual parts. I would like to purchase just the right hand rail if possible but don't know who the manufacturer is.

B54277-01 LADDER 4-STEP #TE2324S, UPPER UNITY $169.13 each
(DWG #B54277-01)

148-0999 Ladder box # 12560 (2 pcs) Icon $35.50 each

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
I couldn't find anything on those numbers. You can find the smaller parts but not like just one side of a ladder as a part. You'll need to buy a new one from Leisure. But save the old one for parts to be used in the future if necessary.

codycat

Thanks for your response. LTV confirmed the ladders are manufactured for them. One is being shipped to me. Don't know the shipping cost yet but it looks like it comes in two boxes. Also, LTV confirmed they use #502LSD-25 SELF LEVELING SEALANT. Dicor confirmed the consumer equivalent is Dicor 501LSD.

Kbikes

codycat
I will also need to change out the ladder on my 2016 Unity MB, damaged it, self inflicted, duh,
I contacted LT and ordered a replacement. Have you received and installed your replacement ladder yet, any issues with the install.
I have removed the old one and cleaned up the old Dicor, now waiting for new ladder, I was surprised in that the mounting and ladder just seems to be a bit flimsy, sure its been well thought out and can handle the 300 weight limit but hope I never need to use it, lol,
How long did it take for LT to ship the new ladder to you.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Last edited:

codycat

codycat
I will also need to change out the ladder on my 2016 Unity MB, damaged it, self inflicted, duh,
I contacted LT and ordered a replacement. Have you received and installed your replacement ladder yet, any issues with the install.
I have removed the old one and cleaned up the old Dicor, now waiting for new ladder, I was surprised in that the mounting and ladder just seems to be a bit flimsy, sure its been well thought out and can handle the 300 weight limit but hope I never need to use it, lol,
How long did it take for LT to ship the new ladder to you.

Thanks in advance,
Rick
It came surprising quick, maybe 10 days? The shipping box was quite an engineering feat, even to open it up and get the ladder out was a methodical process. Yes, they are light but do the job. I use it often for cleaning the roof and skylights and for installing the RV cover when we store it here at home for a period. I was pleased with the LTV response and the price was reasonable, even adding in the cost for the box and shipping. Especially when I was quoted in CND dollars. Now, the hitch. Our original 2015.5 ladder is polished aluminum. The ladder I received is grey. I held it up on the back of the RV and it just did not look as classy as the polished aluminum. I had waited for the new ladder to arrive before removing the damaged one because I was a bit unsure of the whole process. In the end I went with plan B which was to remove the original ladder, straighten it as much as possible and inserted a sleeve where the tubing broke at the top, right step. BTW a 3/4" copper pipe is a perfect fit for the aluminum tubing ID. It is all back together and looks great! I do have a spare ladder if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom