Outside outlet has no power

Very new to our coach. Tried using the outside outlet today and found no power. We are connected to 30a shore power, 2000w internet is on. All other outlets are working. Can’t find anything in the manual about it. Any ideas? Is there a switch I’m not seeing?

cbaarch

2016 Unity MB
Likely a GFI plug which has a reset button usually in the middle of the duplex outlet. Sometimes these are combined with other GFI plugs so you need to look at the other GFI plugs if it does not work right away.
I know that because I had two outside outlets on a house on opposite side of the house. Had to get to the other side to do the reset when the lawnmower was plugged in.

hoosierrun

I know on my older LTV, that outlet only works on shore power. It is probably a GFI outlet in the string that is tripped as mentioned by cbaarch.

bobtuba

2020 LTV Unity MB
Check the kitchen or bathroom plugs. You’ll probably see a little red tab sticking out.

Thanks all! We did end up finding the GFI that was tripped. It was after we undocked, so I couldn't verify, but based on what's been said here and my experience with residential circuits, this should be the fix.

Kevin.Hutch

2011 Mercedes 313 906
I know on my older LTV, that outlet only works on shore power. It is probably a GFI outlet in the string that is tripped as mentioned by cbaarch.
The GFI which is actually only a Residual Current Device will not work without a ground connection, which the vehicle does not have standing on rubber Tyres, unless connected via a 3 pin shore power lead to a mains power outlet. So it is not possible to have it trip from the genset as it will not have an Earth/Neutral link.

Okay, we've got back on shore power and I can confirm that resetting those tripped GFIs in the bathroom and kitchen has resolved the lack of power in the outside outlet. Thanks again to everyone here.

Top Bottom