Non-slip cover for passenger van factory floor with seat tracks

crb551

Happy New Year everyone. I'm looking for advice about how to add removable non-slip floor covering to our 2019 Sprinter 2500 passenger van.

The factory floor is a hard plastic material that is quite slick. This was made worse by the fact that the dealer sprayed the interior of our van with several gallons of Armor All or something similar. Our shoes slid and made squeaking noises for weeks after we bought it...

We need to put a removable covering on the floor that provides traction for ski boots and wet shoes, noting that both the OEM floor material and the metal tracks are both very slick and at slightly different heights (the tracks protrude slightly above the floor). The catch here is that we need to keep all of the tracks in the floor in case we need to reinstall passenger benches.

We are thinking about installing interlocking tiles like this: https://www.greatmats.com/tiles/decking-tiles.php. But this seems to have its own problems and we are curious if anyone else has found a good solution. I searched the forum but didn't find anything.

Stay well!

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
Something like this?

crb551

Thanks for sending this link - I didn't find it in my search.

I could cover the floor using a vinyl runner, but I'm a bit doubtful it would survive and it looks like these images weren't taken from a passenger van. I.e. I don't see the metal bench tracks that run from behind the driver to past the back wheel wells. The images show some wood plugs in the floor but I'm not sure what these are filling in.

Cheers,
Chris

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
The pics are from a T1N passenger van, mine. :cheers: The old vans have seat brackets, not a track. The runner is quite durable and easy to replace. This place has up to 5ft wide...

crb551

Thanks for sending and explaining the difference in the way the seats are anchored - I will take a look at these. Cheers, Chris

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
If you want to get fancy, you can cut a strip and vinyl glue a "curb" on the inner side. That way, water would only flow toward the door. Old towels work too. Good luck, enjoy! :cheers:

kenratcliff

Happy New Year everyone. I'm looking for advice about how to add removable non-slip floor covering to our 2019 Sprinter 2500 passenger van.

The factory floor is a hard plastic material that is quite slick. This was made worse by the fact that the dealer sprayed the interior of our van with several gallons of Armor All or something similar. Our shoes slid and made squeaking noises for weeks after we bought it...

We need to put a removable covering on the floor that provides traction for ski boots and wet shoes, noting that both the OEM floor material and the metal tracks are both very slick and at slightly different heights (the tracks protrude slightly above the floor). The catch here is that we need to keep all of the tracks in the floor in case we need to reinstall passenger benches.

We are thinking about installing interlocking tiles like this: https://www.greatmats.com/tiles/decking-tiles.php. But this seems to have its own problems and we are curious if anyone else has found a good solution. I searched the forum but didn't find anything.

Stay well!
i have a sprinter basic conversion van. the floor is covered with bed liner, which is slick when wet. i use entry mats from sam's club. they work great, non absorbent, can be cut with box cutter, i use a powered box cutter. take them out and turn the hose on them when really dirty. here is the link https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-...e-mat-3ft-x-5ft/prod8940128?xid=plp_product_1

Ken

Top Bottom