Wheel Alignment Report?

outthayr

I had my Sprinter's tires changed and did a wheel alignment from a Mercedes dealer. When I picked up I asked for the alignment report and was told they didn't have it, but they could e-mail it to me. I thought it was odd they didn't generate a report or were unable to get the report on the spot, but I said fine just e-mail it. Later that day I received a generic report without any of my vehicle information on it, it was blank and it was dated wrong. I asked if they had a report with the information completely and properly filled out with the correct date - only response was 'our printer prints the wrong date'. Requested a callback from the manager, nothing.

Am I wrong thinking this seems very fishy and unprofessional?

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Has similar situation when I took my MB wagon for alignment.
They low-ball the service charge to get you to accept their "free safety inspection recommendations" but when I was picking up the wagon at the end of the day, the cashier did not have report for me. I had to get manager involved to get the report and the report had like 8 parameters still in red.
I complained and after another day at dealership the wagon come with 4 parameters in red and BS about "corroded bolts".
Not easy situation, but give your friendly SA or the service manager a call.
If managers is not calling back - talk to dealership owner. Lastly in US you have MB hotline @ 1 800 FOR MERC

lindenengineering

I had my Sprinter's tires changed and did a wheel alignment from a Mercedes dealer. When I picked up I asked for the alignment report and was told they didn't have it, but they could e-mail it to me. I thought it was odd they didn't generate a report or were unable to get the report on the spot, but I said fine just e-mail it. Later that day I received a generic report without any of my vehicle information on it, it was blank and it was dated wrong. I asked if they had a report with the information completely and properly filled out with the correct date - only response was 'our printer prints the wrong date'. Requested a callback from the manager, nothing.

Am I wrong thinking this seems very fishy and unprofessional?
Yes absolutely
Demand a new FOC test WITH DOCS
Its carnival time !!!
Chimps on Parade!!!

Dennis

outthayr

At this point I've got a dispute going on my credit card. When I first searched for a dealer that services Sprinters I thought this was the only one in the area - about 45 minute away. Come to find out there's two that are less than 30 min. Will see how the dispute goes. Also reached out to Mercedes HQ to see if they'll set me up with a better dealer that will do the alignment/report for me .. as Dennis says - FOC!

Last edited:

cbaarch

2016 Unity MB
I am skipping the MB dealer and some of them do not do it inhouse they send it to a truck shop - I found a truck/RV servicing places that has worked on Sprinter Class B+ RVs
There is a thread about front tires wearing out on Class B+ which requires and alignment with a discussion about whether you need a camber bolt to get it correct. It is a good read to find out about the technical terms you might see in the report.

lindenengineering

Just a comment
There are good reasons to have a before and after alignment repair print outs attached to the customer's billing as an addendum and the same for J/C customer records.
Like I stated a lack of any supporting paperwork is a carnival act--Chimps on Parade--Or could be Chumps on Parade.
Not acceptable performance with all this electronic stuff we have at hand in workshop.
Dennis

outthayr

Mercedes HQ got involved and called the dealership. Manager lied to them and told them he contacted me and explained everything.

*Update. Maybe after being contacted twice by MB Canada he decided to return my call this morning. Refund check is in the mail. He had some excuses saying because my van is the long Ext they had to take across the way to the partner dealership (Mazda) and they didn't input the info into their system. Catch is I don't have an extended van (and the Mazda place doesn't service trucks). He said, oh maybe their bay was just busy. Then he said he heard from MB Canada and told one of his service advisors to call me, so he didn't personally return my call as MB Canada stated. He assured me the alignment was performed and apologized - all good. Dude was slick and had a quick answer for everything.

Last edited:

Top Bottom