Snow driving in 4x4 like a champ!

Eric B

@Seacoaster @Roamers I just re-read ZH4 desc and it says it engages low range - and you're saying lowest speed that can be set on Distronic is 30mph so you figure these are non-overlapping conditions in the Great Venn diagram of MBZ offerings ... that's why I kept wondering why you can't have both - one or the other ... in the ZH4 desc it seems to indicate it is only software, not hardware, if that was something that could be dealer-added I'd be there in a heartbeat ... oh well

Seacoaster

@Seacoaster @Roamers I just re-read ZH4 desc and it says it engages low range - and you're saying lowest speed that can be set on Distronic is 30mph so you figure these are non-overlapping conditions in the Great Venn diagram of MBZ offerings ... that's why I kept wondering why you can't have both - one or the other ... in the ZH4 desc it seems to indicate it is only software, not hardware, if that was something that could be dealer-added I'd be there in a heartbeat ... oh well
I asked if the dealer could add it as it is software only, they looked into it and all but laughed. I think it was only like a $98 option 🤦‍♂️

Mathewst

Anyone driving in snow using only 2WD without chains deserves to crash.
Downshift to a lower gear while in 4wd high range especially when going down hill. Controls the coasting momentum better. Then when under 15 mph use the brakes easily coming to a slow steady stop. Works great. Try it

I'm talking about in the snow. NOT ON ICE
Agree, do not forget abs doesnt work in speeds zh4 is designed for. Lo range 1gear brakes pretty well.
These features are for extreme terrain, i remember days I was happy having it in wrangler.
in eu distronic is 20kmh i believe

Kajtek1

2015 long/tall limo RV 2.1l
Beware that when in LO in very slippery condition - abrupt gas pedal backing will put you in 4 wheels sliding.

Top Bottom