SoCal/Southern AZ Van Conversion Shops?

Blue_Wind

Looking for a reliable/professional shop in SoCal/Southern AZ area to help with some critical conversion repairs.

A little over 2 years ago a full time van lifer's worst nightmare manifested for me: my brand new 4x4 MB Sprinter Van was absolutely BUTCHERED by the most incompetent morons in the biz. Therefore, I'm now in the unenviable position of needing to gut a good percentage of my finished van and have it re-built...only RIGHT this time around. I won't bore you all with the litany of issues I've had (from day one)...but the most recent (and critical) is not one but FOUR leaking 10x36 slider windows. Luckily, I've managed to mitigate the water damage so far (mainly by driving from NorCal to SoCal) but my $85K conversion is currently in great peril. Yes, you read that correctly...my van is tricked out to the max...racks, bumpers, winch, lift, etc. After doing thorough research I thought I had made a sensible choice in choosing a business to execute my more advanced custom design...but I couldn't have been more wrong. Warranty? Yeah, right! Against my gut instincts I brought my van back and trusted it with these fools ONCE (in the very beginning) but after wasting days of my time they (once again) proved unable to construct even a functional slider/storage tray. Sad but true my friends. So, basically I'm screwed...and will likely be paying out of pocket to get things sorted out. Who knows though...a lawsuit may be coming.

As I mentioned: the windows are my main concern currently...but since the rear of the van is going to have to be gutted in order to even reach the windows I figured I should get a bunch of other things sorted out as well (like the battery box with ZERO access...the water box design which creates 3+ hours of labor just to reach the water pump for adjustment...etc).

Got any leads for me? The PLEASE by all means hit me up! And did I mention this van is also my full time home/work office? I'm in a real messed up spot folks so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Hi, for the windows, I'd suggest finding an authorized dealer list for that brand, and start calling those dealers and ask if they'll do a reinstall.

RB Components in LA County sells a slider, but last I talked to them, they were too busy to do any installs except on full conversions.
Any carpenter should be able to make a slider, if you have a way to bolt it in to the floor.

Blue_Wind

Hi, for the windows, I'd suggest finding an authorized dealer list for that brand, and start calling those dealers and ask if they'll do a reinstall.

RB Components in LA County sells a slider, but last I talked to them, they were too busy to do any installs except on full conversions.
Any carpenter should be able to make a slider, if you have a way to bolt it in to the floor.
yeah, the guys at RB are great...but very busy. there are many other van conversion outfits in SoCal...i was just looking for specific experience-based recommendations (given how screwed over I got on the initial build). the last thing i'm interested in is reliving that experience.

HarryN

S CA is where most of the upfitters are in CA.

N CA / Bay area is pretty sparse - just a few.

I only do house electrical work in Livermore. If you need some help I can try to help you if you are in the area for a day or so.

I am not Rumpelstiltskin so there is only so much gold that can be woven from straw.

Feel free to call and discuss if I can be helpful with your challenges. (or not)

Blue_Wind

S CA is where most of the upfitters are in CA.

N CA / Bay area is pretty sparse - just a few.

I only do house electrical work in Livermore. If you need some help I can try to help you if you are in the area for a day or so.

I am not Rumpelstiltskin so there is only so much gold that can be woven from straw.

Feel free to call and discuss if I can be helpful with your challenges. (or not)
thanks harry. have any recommendations for shops in SoCal. RB has been very helpful over the years...but they are quite busy currently.

Top Bottom