Auto Problem Again

Hope everyone is safe and well, and asking Help again on our 2001 Sprintshift Motorhome.

We are in UK and our Motorhome is in Australia so can only post problem which our friend is saying what the problem is.

He states she drives fine on a run , But braking or town driving she drops out of auto back into manual, seems low on power. If he stops and restarts it's fine again but then drops out after a while.

Photos show the valve which had a split vacuum tube which has been repaired, the lower tube which has a mesh filter inside has a split.

Hoping you can help in working out what could be the problem.

Attachments

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
The valve in your photos is the heater air intake recirculation flap actuator.

You need to be absolutely 100% certain you do not have nay vacuum leaks as these sound to be the cause of your troubles.

My guess would be you have a small vacuum leak and this only just leaves enough vacuum power to operate the Sprintshift system, stepping on the brakes then exhausts the remaining vacuum and drops you out of gear.

Fix the vacuum system then see what happens.

Keith.

Been trying to find a Scematic of the vacuum hose layout for the 313cdi Sprintshift 2001, but can not find one.
Does anyone have this information, which would be appreciated.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Question for anyone who can answer - does the Sprintshift actually use the vacuum system?

On @Destination Unknown second photo there is definitely a 'T' piece on the heater recirc valve which I have never seen on a none Sprintshift van so where does this go? Time to start following vac hoses me thinks.

Keith.

Top Bottom