Solar Panel Airfoil profile for 3030 extrusion for roof mount

sebcbien

interesting document, thanks
It's a shame that for such an important impact on fuel economy there is no real study around.
Maybe if someone can use an aerodynamic study software it would be a good point to study.

sebcbien

My goal was not so much aimed at aerodynamics as it was at noise reduction. My air foil was a success with regard to noise reduction. I believe my design is still more aerodynamic than what you are proposing. Any air flow under the solar panels is going to create a large amount of turbulence unless you completely covered the bottom of the solar panels. You then have to deal with other obstacles such as the roof fan for any chance of laminar flow between the panels and the roof. Better to just direct a smooth air stream over the panels as suggested above by @Dendisch.
Thanks for your advice.
My feeling with a dam like this is that it will create a depressurization under the panel, then the flow will be sucked under by the sides to exit at the back of the panel.
I think it will not be more laminated thank without.
But for sure I'm no expert and it seem there are no expert here.
The best it to place a camera and short tufts, but I have no small camera for this.

Top Bottom