Floor and defrost issues

O8 svcvan

I have a 08 sprinter and been looking for information about the vent,defrost and floor air flow issues pertaining to possible blend door issue i have found a few threads about people having trouble with this problem even one that the dealer said its the way it is.
It seems the the default is for air to come out the vents but very low to the floor the blend door motor seems to be working but trying to find some more information and possible resolutions pics,video or diagrams would be awesome would like to minimize what I have to take apart to what is nessisary

Attachments

ericsprinter

if you remove one of the two vent next the radio you will be able to confirm the problem is the mix door stuck with long screwdriver by pushing the door with it to help the motor (door bend in the middle because stuck in both end)

a have the exact same problem on my 2012 and the door was stuck in both end ( send it and fine ) but i have to remove the woll heater system drain ac and coolant but cost me noting except 12 hours of time (20 years experience mechanic)

O8 svcvan

Thank you for the feed back I also have been a mechanic for what feels like a lifetime and have learned it is better to ask than to proceed into an unknown especially now days with communication what it it today.
I appreciate your advice and thank you I will check through the vent.

charity's van

Constantly Tinkering with Stuff
did you remove the little electric motor that runs the blend door. i took mine off and found the motor good but door stuck. i used a 1/4 extension and ratchet to free it up. i works as it should but i still dont get as strong airflow to windshield as i want. i guess that why heated windshield is an option

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
did you remove the little electric motor that runs the blend door. i took mine off and found the motor good but door stuck. i used a 1/4 extension and ratchet to free it up. i works as it should but i still dont get as strong airflow to windshield as i want. i guess that why heated windshield is an option
I think the manual explains that in order to get more flow to the windshield you need to reduce airflow to the chest-level air outputs. When I want max flow to the windshield I put the dial control pointing up and I close off the two chest-level outlets in the the middle, leaving the side ones that blow air across the side windows open. I'm still not entirely clear on how the air flow controls are supposed to work (and what they actually do) but this seems to help. Depending on the year and options of your van, you may be able to have the A/C operating and turn on the "reheat" so that you get both dry (A/C dehumidification) and warm (reheat) air flowing over the windshield.

07AKDSPRINTER

Lets bring this back the top.
My challenge is that I have temp control and fan control, I can get it Hot... or cool no problem and I can increase or decrease the fan speed but the challenge comes in where I would like to put more heat on the wind shield or the floor depending on what is going on, freezing rain or wet snow has a habit of building up on the windshield if there is not enough heat ... and now the center control knob that would move the door does nothing.
Now it is either the control or a motor that controls the door for up , middle or floor...

Top Bottom