DAD users group discussion thread

knighty

Er, 1 cubic centimeter is 1000 cubic millimeters, so 0.4 cubic millimetres = 0.0004 cubic centimetres
..., barring that typo, i suspect you've found the answer
--dick
oops, sorry typo !

I only knew the answer (and typed it wrong) because I had google do the conversion for me ! :bow:

rb3232

On another thread Jon wrote:

"Today, DAD won't work on 2007, 2008 or 2009 Sprinters.

The original poster indicated the RV is built on a 2008 chassis. DAD - at least today - is not appropriate for NCV3 owners.

-Jon"

Is it software, firmware or hardware that the DAD would need to work for the NCV3? In other words will there be any chance of upgrading then using the DAD on my NCV3 in the future?

Ross

Last edited:

designrmi

Group. Haven' had much time to run dad, but got these results on first scan.

ESP- brake pressure sensor/ bas diaphram travel sensor c1501
B 1041 instrument cluster / CAN comm. error with traction control unit
P2310 auto trans
ATC 1004 CAN comm. faulty
ABS/ASR f1111

ps. these are just notes that i scribbled down, have results saved on computer but could not print, will try to copy paste and post on forum.
All drives well with my 04 long tall cargo 19000 miles

ps. Also when starting, all dash warning lights go out when the glow plug light goes out except the ESP and the rolling tire, these two go out as soon as it starts. is this normal?
thanks, Rex

Last edited:

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
I am very pleased to announce the March 2010 publication of a new Sprinter technical book-
The Complete Sprinter Fault Code Guide Vol 1: 2000-2006. North American Edition.

Eric's company, Megara LLC is well known to insiders for its contribution to Commercial and Military vehicle diagnostics.

Glossy, soft cover, 8"x10" format. 210 pages.

The first 36 pages contain useful info on Sprinter VIN, model and chassis version data as well as a completely labeled OBDII connector pin diagram.

The remainder of the book is divided into a COMPLETE Fault code directory (MBenz codes not generic codes) consisting of chapters for:

Powertrain systems (612, 647, TCM, SLA-Shifter)
Chassis systems (ABS, ESP)
Body systems (Airbag module, Alarm module, IC cluster, Radio, Immobilizer, Central locking (timer) module)
HVAC systems (Heating and Aircond, Aux heater, Aux heater booster).

Factory fault codes are listed in numerical order with listing of all subfault codes, Component monitored and Detail, cause or remedy.

All Acronyms are clearly explained and shown for both Dodge and MBenz.

This book is so comprehensive and useful, I consider it a must have!

It will immediately be included as a mandatory component of the DAD package at extra charge.

All current DAD owners can contact me regarding ordering of this book, and will be made available to non DAD owners as well.

Publishers price is $89.95 US, plus added shipping and handling.

I will be offering this book at a special group price of $75.00 which includes shipping and handling.

Contact me at my e-mail address, abittenbinder@yahoo.com Doktor A

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
Andy,

In the ECM live stream, what is the 'injection pressure'? It is 14 psi at idle, and goes to 24 psi or so at highway speed.

Thanks.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Does DAD allow a user to toggle the day time running lights (DRL) setting (turn it off or on)?

-Jon

WAYNERODD

Re: Diesel Fuel

Richard, I've been real happy with DAD. It has already paid for it's self and I have only had it for a few months. Mine does not seem to work well below 55 deg F. So I have to take it in and warm it up if it does not work. My only disappointment with DAD is that the main reason I got it was so that I could recode fuel injectors in the motors that I am rebuilding/replacing and none of the codes/classifications for the injectors match. After talking with other people this is still a ongoing problem. But still for the money, you can't beat DAD! Goodbye OBDII codes! Wayne

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
(on 30-April-2010 at 19:50 GMT -8) Does DAD allow a user to toggle the day time running lights (DRL) setting (turn it off or on)?

-Jon
I'll say it a little louder now:

Does DAD allow a user to toggle the day time running lights (DRL) setting (turn it off or on)?

-Jon

05highroof

Has anyone used their DAD unit to flush / change their brake fluid yet? If so what's the drill as far as activating the ABS pump in relation to flushing the fluid? I found the DAD feature that tests or runs the ABS pump for about 10 seconds or so,is this same function that is used in flushing the brake fluid?
Thanks 05HR

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
-Jon
Jon, The DAD is for pre-'07 Sprinters. No tool can disable or turn on the DRLs on the '02-'06 Sprinter. Unlike your '07-'08, the 5 cyl Sprinters do not have 10,000 control modules.

Doktor A

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Jon, The DAD is for pre-'07 Sprinters. No tool can disable or turn on the DRLs on the '02-'06 Sprinter. Unlike your '07-'08, the 5 cyl Sprinters do not have 10,000 control modules.

Doktor A
I know the target hardware (pre-'07s), but I didn't know about the inability for even a DRB-III to disable it. Thanks :)

Btw, I was asking on behalf of a T1N (2004) RV owner.

-Jon

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Has anyone used their DAD unit to flush / change their brake fluid yet? If so what's the drill as far as activating the ABS pump in relation to flushing the fluid? I found the DAD feature that tests or runs the ABS pump for about 10 seconds or so,is this same function that is used in flushing the brake fluid?
Thanks 05HR
Please look under 'manual component activation' for brake bleeding.

The ABS pump test feature you reference is under ABS test and calibration. Doktor A

rvdriverca

Re: DAD Users Group: Hardware and Installation Questions

When I was on the left coast about a month ago I ran a test with dad an no codes came up.Now that I'm in Ohio 3000 miles latter seems my van has a number of them. C163E traction, B1010 monitor cluster, p1925 P1926 and P1927 ESM. Any ideas out there?

Last edited:

WAYNERODD

When I was on the left coast about a month ago I ran a test with dad an no codes came up.Now that I'm in Ohio 3000 miles latter seems my van has a number of them. C163E traction, B1010 monitor cluster, p1925 P1926 and P1927 ESM. Any ideas out there?
Two of your codes are on the ignore list. B1010 & P1926.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)

The IC's code B1010 is a SRS warning light failure code. All DRBIII scans report this lamp failure as well. It is a MBenz factory software glitch to be ignored.

The shifter's 1927 fault code is a brake light signal implausibility code set at same time as code 1925 which is a brake torque implausibility code.

C163E and 1926 are to be ignored.

I highly recommend the newly released 210 page, '01-'06 Sprinter Fault Code Guide book, North American Edition. I have these available at a special group discount from publishers price. Contact me at my e-mail abittenbinder@yahoo.com

Doktor A

cincigp

I also purchased the PCMCIA to RS232 card. It works great! Thanks Dick.

After a turbo resonator failure on my last trip I had a stored P2359 error code.

Cal

So I just got my DAD up and running today and found I had 9, yes NINE stored P2359 codes.

Cal,

What were the symptoms of your resonator failure that stored the P2359 code? I am beginning to suspect my turbo resonator but don't want to just throw parts at it.

Thanks
Steve

WAYNERODD

So I just got my DAD up and running today and found I had 9, yes NINE stored P2359 codes.

Cal,

What were the symptoms of your resonator failure that stored the P2359 code? I am beginning to suspect my turbo resonator but don't want to just throw parts at it.

Thanks
Steve
Steve, When my resonator went bad, My van went into limp mode & shut off the turbo. You may see some oil leaking from the resonator if it does have a crack in it. Also be sure to check all of your hoses after the turbo. The one that goes to the top of the intake is known to crack / blow out at the end by the intake. Also the EGR valve and the turbo itself can cause this fault. DAD has a boost test function that may help you find a leak if you have one. Just a note my 2005 has a max boost pressure of 17 when I run this test. You could pull the intake hose and cover it with your hand when the van is running and see / hear if you have any leaks. If all else fails, remove the intake hose from your turbo and see how much end play there is in the shaft. There should not be much at all. Also look at the boost pressure regulator arm they tend to stick. Mine is always in the up position at idle. Uplugging the Mass air flow sensor should cause the boost regulator arm to travel to the lower position and back to the up position after I plug the mass air flow sensor back in. I hate to spend money on parts myself unless I can prove that it is bad. Hope this helps, Wayne

calbiker

Thanks
Steve
The key to determine if your TR is defective is to check for oil on the TR. They fail at the seam. I drove about 4 days with the TR cracked, with 200 freeway miles. The Sprinter will get up to 60 mph on the flats, but hills are a killer.

The repaired TR is now back in the vehicle.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90962#post90962

Cal

Top Bottom