New thread ..What screwed up on your sprinter today.

lindenengineering

Well its wasn't mine but came on the hook as a supsoed non starter.
This 2005 Sprinter was filled with plain tap water some time ago. Well with minus 20 deg F in Colorado the whole cooling system frozed up to a block of ice!
Surprise surprise !

Owner going for a start (and apparently it did fire) the frozen water pump caused the accessory belt to melt & screech like banshee throwing it all off in tangled mess.
The radiator was blown out and I think the saving grace for the block was the dog leg hose from block to cooler. The ice just ripped it off in shreds .
Reminder then guys
Check your antireeze protecion levels.
Dennis

smittylube

Ouch.
Same consideration on fresh/grey and black tanks as well as lines and pumps and faucets. Winterize.
I did mine last week when I knew it would close to 32 degrees in my trip to the snow. First time I hope I did it right .

Tom Tint

The $2K MBUX screen decided the van was actually a C class again today. It was showing some little car instead of the van ....again. #shitbox

lindenengineering

The $2K MBUX screen decided the van was actually a C class again today. It was showing some little car instead of the van ....again. #shitbox
Seems that this van of yours is a Friday night special !
Still be thankful, it could be a Maserati Gibles & Bits :devilish:
Keep the faith, Don't Panic & continue on trucking!;)
Dennis

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
I started the thread...Hardly a troll. Im on my 3rd MB Sprinter.. The first two operated and performed as expected. The new VS30..is a pile of chit.
A few years ago, I had a very painful right knee. Torn meniscus with some broken bone bits floating around.
I found myself driving with cruise control nearly full time, even in traffic, before I got it operated on.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
You need to admit that it's a great improvement over the old broomstick on the throttle.

My wife and I have labelled them "No pass me's". Some often double down on the speeding up like you're insulting them by passing.

vic
I like the ones that pass you back, after you follow them for miles until you can pass. After they get in front of you again, they slow back down.

Not today, but yesterday. Alternator out. Day before that was the 3rd drivers side headlight ballast. Thank god I found a cheaper source than europartssd. $21, vs $195

Yesterday after a time on a sloppy highway the 2004 Brake Wear dash warning lit. I'm quite certain the brakes are ok, but a pad could wear prematurely from a caliper being hung up or some other problem.

This morning the light was off. It stayed off until on a sloppy highway again, then lit up. I went in for annual Dr. visit, came out, light was off. The warning stayed off all the way home.

I'm thinkin' that the warning is water/wire related. Once the weather breaks I'll follow up.

As a reminder.
Yellow dash warnings indicate general information for the operator. Red warnings indicate more critical information and generally require more immediate response/investigation.

vic

Tom Tint

So my doors have all been ridiculously mis aligned from the factory since I got this thing. the power slider has creaked and rattled to the point where I want to beat it with a bat. This past few days I brought a ratchet and torques bit with me and spent ...hours trying to adjust it so it is bearable inside while driving. ...I got it almost quiet..then put some grease on the two little spike things that close inside the b pillar... Noises appear to be gone. ...for now.

126v8

So my doors have all been ridiculously mis aligned from the factory since I got this thing. the power slider has creaked and rattled to the point where I want to beat it with a bat. This past few days I brought a ratchet and torques bit with me and spent ...hours trying to adjust it so it is bearable inside while driving. ...I got it almost quiet..then put some grease on the two little spike things that close inside the b pillar... Noises appear to be gone. ...for now.
O ye of little faith LOL

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
That issue was addressed a couple months back on another thread. Hi temp grease so it doesn’t run if heated up sitting in the sun.

jjmcclure

2020 HR 144 4x4
Finally, some good news!

joe12pack

Charleston
"Built in Charleston" is my concern. I am trying to put an order in for a '21 Sprinter from the Dusseldorf factory but apparently they are not allowing this and it is not known if they will send any German made units our way for the rest of '21.

Tom Tint

"Built in Charleston" is my concern. I am trying to put an order in for a '21 Sprinter from the Dusseldorf factory but apparently they are not allowing this and it is not known if they will send any German made units our way for the rest of '21.
..It would a big NO for me to buy another one again. Im done.

Please share the source info!
Amazon. It has since gone out again. This time , I purchased the bulb, ballast, and wiring harness for $44.00 and replaced all of it. Still trying to figure out the cause. At least it isn’t as heavy of a hit to my wallet as in the past.

Top Bottom