Unequal Length Mirrors

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
Are all T1N View/Navion motorhomes like this . . . . or did I just get (un)lucky??

It's much harder to see anything meaningful with the right side mirror, partly because it's 2 inches closer to the cab than the left side and partly because what you do see is a close-up shot of the grab handle for the coach door. I got to wondering . . . . are they all like this or maybe a previous owner damaged the right side mirror and replaced it with one not made for the job?

What say you other owners?

Don

Attachments

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
Well, that's discouraging - Wonder why they did that? Suppose there's a law limiting the overall width??

Maybe I'll get out the saw (and the welder) and see if I can't balance things out a bit, cause I sure don't care for the way it is now

Don

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
Copy that, I never knew before and it doesn't really matter to me much now. The passenger rear view isn't optimal for sure...

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
The arms come complete with pivots and door mounting and are still available from MB dealers. I bought a long arm for my 2004 from my local UK dealer only a couple of months ago. They come without any housing or glass but do have necessary wiring already in place hence are VIN specific.

I believe they should be identical side to side and would suggest replacing your RH short mirror with the longer length to improve visibility.

Keith.

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
I believe they should be identical side to side and would suggest replacing your RH short mirror with the longer length to improve visibility.
A photo with some measurements like the ones above would sure help. A part number would be great too. The problem is, you never know what you'll get when you order something like this because MB never gives you any measurements - They just say "It fits such and such"

Our motorhome mirrors are OEM stock long mirrors from MB - They came on the cab/chassis the motorhome was built on. I believe they're called 'towing mirrors', so if I ordered a new right side towing mirror for a T1N, I'm about 90% sure I'd get a new one just like my old one, which isn't any help at all

Don

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
@Alphacarina and @az7000' What build code do you have on your Data Card for your mirrors?

I have 'FS1 Mirror support, extended'

I'll post dimensions and the part number for my replacement LH arm later.

Keith.

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
I have no idea - When I put my VIN in the decoder, it says my Sprinter chassis is a

Dodge Grand Caravan / Durango 4x2 / Intrepid 2005

The make and year is right, but that's it - It is a 2005 Dodge Sprinter chassis. The VIN I entered is correct . . . . it's on the door *and* I photographed it thru the windshield too, just to make sure I entered the correct number

Don

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
Thanks for the suggestion! - Roger was most helpful.

My mirrors are coded F68 Exterior mirror heated and electr. adjustable and then on another like it adds FS1 Rear view mirror bracket extended so evidently I have the same arms as you do - Maybe yours are unequal length too??

Don

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Thanks for the suggestion! - Roger was most helpful.

My mirrors are coded F68 Exterior mirror heated and electr. adjustable and then on another like it adds FS1 Rear view mirror bracket extended so evidently I have the same arms as you do - Maybe yours are unequal length too??

Don
Well I've got to give you this one Don!

I've just been out and measured my mirror arms and sure enough you are right! The Passenger side is shorter than the drivers by 2" exactly like yours (except opposite sides as my UK spec is RHD)

I've owned my 2004 for nearly 13 years and had never noticed before!!!

So if you really do want a longer USA Passenger side arm then you need a UK RHD Drivers side arm which will be 13" long.

Keith.

PS I only have the part number for a LH side arm at 11" as that is the only one I have had to replace.

PPS And also have F68 Exterior mirror heated and electr. adjustable on my build sheet.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Maybe I'll get out the saw (and the welder) and see if I can't balance things out a bit, cause I sure don't care for the way it is now
But if you do decide to go this route remember that there is wiring running through the arms!

Keith.

Top Bottom