Vendor Marketplace?

thehata1

Hello,

Would it be possible to start a Vendor Marketplace, say in the Classifieds? If you want to get real fancy, provide an arena for Vender Feedback where members could share the successes and failures. I have been a member of quite a few other forums over the years, when I've owned different vehicles and motorcycles, and have viewed these Vendor Marketplaces as very successful. This type of platform would be an excellent place for forum members to obtain group buy discounts. I would be more than happy to reach out to some vendors that I am using/have used to tell them about the forum.

Thank you for your consideration,
Stanley

thehata1

@sikwan

In my opinion, Specials - Dealer Specials doesn't feel inviting to general companies. Admittedly, I just joined in two months ago. But, when I went into that sub-forum, it felt more like dealer items, not business marketplace items. I see that a few vendors have posted some deals since I last looked, but I feel there is an opportunity for the forum to grow and get the members for "deals". Some vendors may also be willing to kick the forum a few cents or dollars on every member purchase. Just putting it out there as the things can be expensive and every thing we add, can really kick you in the wallet. Just my two cents.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
It felt more like dealer items, not business marketplace items. I see that a few vendors have posted some deals since I last looked,
I suppose that the sub-forum could be renamed. But I don't see how that will result in vendors being able to take advantage of the format. How to differentiate? Keep fresh? The forum format is last-posted/first listed. Sub-sub forums? Results different from SEARCH. I don't know who Robert Williams is - but I suspect he is a dealer, but he is continually posting used Sprinters on that subform, and there is never any follow-up as to the posted items' disposition. But his name is usually near the top of the sub forum. Over the years I have posted/moved many vendors into the subforum - and I know of many that could do so but haven't. I suspect that most people still rely upon Google to find stuff - and these potential customers then do further research on the basis of name to find reviews - and I see that Google often hits Sprinter-Source as one of the top hit sites for Sprinter related items.

And what would be the difference between "dealer items" v "market place items" in the context of the Sprinter-Source membership? To whom are you trying to sell? If your objective is to create a B2B Sprinter specific sales platform, is Sprinter-Source's format conducive to that objective? Here is an example B2B Sprinter item that is a frequent item of discussion on the T1N sub forum::

Screenshot 2020-12-22 092444.jpg

Some vendors may also be willing to kick the forum a few cents or dollars on every member purchase.
This seems to be the real objective. I use an ad-blocker on this site as the ads became more and more intrusive, not just in territory but also pop-ups with streaming content that played havoc with my bandwidth. I have no problem with vendors paying SIKwan. I am just saying....

Top Bottom