Salish Sea - Strait of Juan de Fuca coastal highway

G

Gsand31415

Good news for fans of highway 112 between Port Angeles and Neah Bay. After 106 years of Canada dumping raw sewage directly into the Salish Sea, a sewage treatment plant has finally been built. Let's go clammin'!

Previously the only "treatment" for the excretion of 335,000 souls was to reduce the dookies to pea-sized chunks. Welcome to the civilized world, Canada.

tinman

What'll the fish eat now? Some years ago I was chiding a friend from Victoria about their waste handling procedures. He was a real greenie and by his profession peripherally involved in the issue, claimed the science supported their mode of non treatment in that particular environment. I believe the folks at Cherry Point did not agree.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
What'll the fish eat now? Some years ago I was chiding a friend from Victoria about their waste handling procedures. He was a real greenie and by his profession peripherally involved in the issue, claimed the science supported their mode of non treatment in that particular environment. I believe the folks at Cherry Point did not agree.
The Campbell River Fishing Pier suffered the same fate when they removed the raw sewage pipe that basically ran under the plankway. There was much more sea vegetation and marine life, resulting in more food for and attracting the Chinooks.

Top Bottom