Decals

Beachglassbum

Beachglassbum 2007 Great West Van 2006 2500 MB cha
Has anyone removed factory graphics? In the process of taking ownership of a 2007 Great West conversion van. I think the graphics are a bit overdone.

GLJones

On my other cars, I soaked a paper towel in 90% isopropyl alcohol. Press it against the airbag warning graphic on the sun visor and hold for 2-3 minutes. Then the graphic will bubble a bit and you can peel it right off. Haven't tried this on my Sprinter yet.

marklg

Has anyone removed factory graphics? In the process of taking ownership of a 2007 Great West conversion van. I think the graphics are a bit overdone.
Are you talking about the swoopy things on the side?

5_Panels_Forest.jpg

On ours, I am pretty sure it is painted on with a second color and clearcoat.

Regards,

Mark

Sidecar

Are you talking about the swoopy things on the side?

View attachment 163972

On ours, I am pretty sure it is painted on with a second color and clearcoat.

Regards,

Mark
Mark,
Off subject, sorry.
What size tires are you running ?
And, what is the story with the solar panels on the awning ? Where do you store them they are not on the awning and why are they on the awning ?

marklg

Mark,
Off subject, sorry.
What size tires are you running ?
And, what is the story with the solar panels on the awning ? Where do you store them they are not on the awning and why are they on the awning ?
Latest are Michelin Agilis Crossclimate LT225/75R16.

The portable solar panels are stored in the rear. They fit under my hose storage box. I sometimes put them on the ground, and sometimes put them on the awning if there is good sunlight there. They are very thin and light and I have cable locks to make them a little harder to steal.

I need to update the pictures here, but you can get a better idea:

Regards,

Mark

613Mark

I also used a heat gun on low to preheat them, then carefully peeled them off in one piece. Came off nicely and looks much better IMO. The paint surrounding the decals may be oxidized which a little polishing or rubbing compound may take off. Good luck!

Top Bottom