Kingtec KTD 12V DC Air Conditioner

Kingtec.USA

Kingtec USA
Hey guys, I've been lurking around these forums for a while now, I'm definitely personally interested in sprinter conversions.
This interest has been what's been pushing me to lean into connecting with converters and informing them about the capabilities and benefits of a 12v electric AC unit.
I've been trying to reach out to those individuals who I feel as though would have an interest in this, but I'd like to establish Kingtec as an entity that exists outside of pure customer exchange.

With that, We're here. Posting for the Sprinter-Forum Community to inform, to learn, and to work alongside enthusiasts and professionals alike.
I encourage you to get in touch with us!

I want to keep this initial thread post short and sweet, but please do hit me with any questions you may have.
-Taylor

Kingtec.USA

Kingtec USA
Welcome and glad you are here to answer questions. We make our patent pending adapters for your units and would be honored to help your customers.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan
Hey, that's something I'm definitely glad I learned today. I've sent you an email. Let's talk some more.

Sprinty

Hey guys, I've been lurking around these forums for a while now, I'm definitely personally interested in sprinter conversions.
This interest has been what's been pushing me to lean into connecting with converters and informing them about the capabilities and benefits of a 12v electric AC unit.
I've been trying to reach out to those individuals who I feel as though would have an interest in this, but I'd like to establish Kingtec as an entity that exists outside of pure customer exchange.

With that, We're here. Posting for the Sprinter-Forum Community to inform, to learn, and to work alongside enthusiasts and professionals alike.
I encourage you to get in touch with us!

I want to keep this initial thread post short and sweet, but please do hit me with any questions you may have.
-Taylor
Hi Taylor,
I'm just starting to explore my next build on a 170" High Roof Sprinter. I find the A/C sizing to be all over the place for class B RV's 13.5K BTU to 20K BTU. Do you have a size you would recommend?

Also some feedback, this guy seemed to have been stalled when installing the Kingtech into his sprinter: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/86378/ Looks like he could have benefitted from Hein's adapter.

Mike

Kingtec.USA

Kingtec USA
Hi Taylor,
I'm just starting to explore my next build on a 170" High Roof Sprinter. I find the A/C sizing to be all over the place for class B RV's 13.5K BTU to 20K BTU. Do you have a size you would recommend?

Also some feedback, this guy seemed to have been stalled when installing the Kingtech into his sprinter: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/86378/ Looks like he could have benefitted from Hein's adapter.

Mike
Hey Mike, I'd be happy to advise you.
Primarily, I think a lot of the units you're looking at are AC powered and need a lot more of the cars power to achieve those BTU numbers. For a living space of a van the size you're mentioning, I actually think the KTD-2 we are preparing to launch may be good for you. Hitting 9,800 BTU running off of a 12v battery. We also updated the compressors in our KTF-1 & KTF-2 split type units. Split type meaning that instead of an all in one rooftop unit (like the KTD-1) the evaporator and the condenser units have separate housing, allowing for more experimentation with placement and the slightest bit more power if you just want to be sure you stay cool.
I'm attaching the newest product brochure as well as the operation manuals for you to take a look at.
Be sure to let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

PS - Thanks for the link to the other thread, useful... just like Hein's adapter.

Taylor

Attachments

RVBarry

Hi,
Is the compressor single or variable-speed?

What lengths of line sets are included or optional?

Is this also a heat pump for cold-weather use?

Thank you

Boxster1971

2012 Sprinter 3500 Ext
Hi Taylor - welcome to the Sprinter Forum. Glad to have you participate. I plan to have a 12DC air-conditioned in my next van. Kingtec looks like a good solution and I look forward to learning more about your products.

Thats what Id like to know too.

And also is the compressor native 12V DC or is there a step-up converter etc used internally.
Brochure says constant speed

Taylor, I cant use the roof mount because it is too wide and would interfere with solar panels that are allready in place.

I am interested in the split units but see conflict in the measurements in the dimensions on the brochure. I would want to use the wall mounted evaporator not the ducted unit. Could you actually put a tape measure on both interior and exterior units

Also, Price?

Thanks

Kingtec.USA

Kingtec USA
Hi,
Is the compressor single or variable-speed?

What lengths of line sets are included or optional?

Is this also a heat pump for cold-weather use?

Thank you
1) Our compressor has a constant single rotating speed.

2) I've attached a photo of our unit installed, The only line I see is electrical.
hoseless.jpeg

3) The KTD isn't a heater but you'll find something that may take care of that for you here: https://kingtecusa.com/product/snugger-sf2300/
Our Snugger air heater is another 12v electric unit for those interested in keeping warm.

Thats what Id like to know too.

And also is the compressor native 12V DC or is there a step-up converter etc used internally.
I've also attached the Electrical Schematic, looks to be native 12v DC to me, but I'd love for somebody to check me on that.
Electrical Schematic Diagram.PNG

Jdz

Hi Taylor where are these units made? Is there a relation with Thermo Kintec in China, the unit looks the same, are you a US distributor for them?

thanks

Kingtec.USA

Kingtec USA
Brochure says constant speed

Taylor, I cant use the roof mount because it is too wide and would interfere with solar panels that are allready in place.

I am interested in the split units but see conflict in the measurements in the dimensions on the brochure. I would want to use the wall mounted evaporator not the ducted unit. Could you actually put a tape measure on both interior and exterior units

Also, Price?

Thanks
If you could explain the inconsistency you found in a little bit more detail I'd be able to better advise, the measurements for the KTF-1 unit seem to check out to me and I've asked our technical manager to take a look at the measurements on the units in our warehouse. Thanks!

Kingtec.USA

Kingtec USA
Hi Taylor where are these units made? Is there a relation with Thermo Kintec in China, the unit looks the same, are you a US distributor for them?

thanks
More than just a distributor, Kingtec USA is Kingtec Groups branching into the US space. We do have connections with our colleagues in China, as well as our other global partners. and the Individual components are manufactured overseas but assembled in our warehouse into the unit that gets shipped out to you. We do so to ensure that if something isn't up to our standards, we can catch it and handle it swiftly and with clear communication on our end to you.
KingtecUSA has been operating for 12 years across the country, and have much more to do with Kingtec than just distribution.
Thanks!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jdz
I think RVBarry would be asking about the lenght of the line-sets for the split unit
If you could explain the inconsistency you found in a little bit more detail I'd be able to better advise, the measurements for the KTF-1 unit seem to check out to me and I've asked our technical manager to take a look at the measurements on the units in our warehouse. Thanks!
To Edit - The differences are between KFT-1 and KFT-2

The pictures show two different evaporators but list the same dimensions for them.
They also show the same condenser but two different dimensions for them

Please verify the dimensions for both inside and outside units for the KFT-2

Also like RVBarry I would like to know what options are available for the lenght of the connecting line-sets

Last edited:

Kingtec.USA

Kingtec USA
I think RVBarry would be asking about the lenght of the line-sets for the split unit

To Edit - The differences are between KFT-1 and KFT-2

The pictures show two different evaporators but list the same dimensions for them.
They also show the same condenser but two different dimensions for them

Please verify the dimensions for both inside and outside units for the KFT-2

Also like RVBarry I would like to know what options are available for the lenght of the connecting line-sets
Hey Richard, Now that you explain it turns out there was a communication error with the brochure printers and it snuck by, updating our brochure right now lol, I've got your measurements. The KTF-2 Measurements we have are as follows
>condenser: 22''x10''x14''
>evaporator: 24''x6''x11.5

for thoroughness sake the KTF-1 measurements are
>condenser 22''X10''X14''
>evaporator 16''x15.5''x11.5''

Speaking with my boss, he's informed me that the stock lines arent very long, they tend to be on the opposite sides of a cabin wall, but there's nothing stopping you from adding some length, We would be able to accommodate however long you needed.

I appreciate you keeping me on my toes, thanks!

Taylor, thank you so much for taking the time. Very few major manufactures take the time to participate with the end users

That condenser size is going to thrill the Sprinter guys (I am in a small RV) because I think they will be able to hang it on one rear door. I will be able to hang it on the rear next to my spare tire without problem.

Being a small RV, it is the interior units that become a problem . I am working on solutions.

The KFT -1 interior unit looks like it is for a ducted unit. That box would eliminate an entire important storage space, so that wont work.

The KFT-2 evaporator is a little long but I may be able to make it work. Where do the lines connect to the inside unit of the KFT-2? Bottom right?

One more question, what material is the condensers cover made of and can it be painted to match the outside of the vehicle?

Would we need to cantact you or one of your dealers to purchase?

Thanks again for your time

Kingtec.USA

Kingtec USA
Taylor, thank you so much for taking the time. Very few major manufactures take the time to participate with the end users

The KFT -1 interior unit looks like it is for a ducted unit. That box would eliminate an entire important storage space, so that wont work.

The KFT-2 evaporator is a little long but I may be able to make it work. Where do the lines connect to the inside unit of the KFT-2? Bottom right?

One more question, what material is the condensers cover made of and can it be painted to match the outside of the vehicle?

Would we need to cantact you or one of your dealers to purchase?

Thanks again for your time
My pleasure, genuinely!

That box does take up a fair bit of could-be storage space.

Based on how the KTF-2 is installed in our testing cabin, the lines on the evaporator appear to be concealed within the casing somewhere. The condenser does connect on the bottom right though. (attached)
Condenser line.jpg
I'll report back when I know for sure!

The lids of our units are molded out of fiberglass and will come off for a paint job with a few screws.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing that paint job.

Please, give me a call or email me directly, and we can help get you squared away.

-Taylor J. Schuler
Kingtec Group Co Ltd

TEL: 909-481-4657
Email: Taylor@KingtecUSA.com

lickwid

Learner
We have a KTD-1 unit being put into our rig. I know another user here had issues with leaks and other issues on the previous model. The KTD-1 unit was supposedly updated to mitigate/fix those issues, but I guess we'll see once I get to start using it. I definitely will be reaching out here with my review of the unit once I get it up and running.

Top Bottom