Dashboard Pockets with lids!!!!

chipsterguy

Mine arrived today. I added some dynomat on the underside. There was already sound insulation below the pocket it sits in.
No rubber bottom insert/ liner. I guess I will order that next.
Interesting phone mount solution - attaching to the top of the MBUX screen! Is this plastic or aluminum? What mount to the phone are you using?

chipsterguy

I ordered the liners and storage boxes at the same time. The liners are way back ordered and was holding up the shipping of the storage boxes. I had to notify MercedesBenzStarParts.com to ship the boxes separately by paying a separate shipping charge for the liners when they arrive. FYI in case your order is delayed...

smittylube

Chip,
That is aluminum angle I flattened (almost) and used double sided tape. I tried to cover it with my carbon fiber wrap, but it didn’t want to stay. Phone mount is just the ac vent type. (Could not find one to work in these vents.)
I'm thinking about making something to fit into the new cup holder location and end up where it is now. It’s the perfect location IMO, no heat from the vent, some support from the dash so it doesn’t rattle.

Last edited:

VanGoSki

My garage-tech phone mount.

A $10 light-stand phone holder from Amazon, scrap of wood and small angle bracket. Perfect position.

Eric B

@krasheq wow ! Thanks for sharing ...

I think all of the US VS30 Sprinters I have seen have the vents on top of the dash - they are unheated - it’s just a fresh air vent from outside, adjusting heater or AC doesn’t change what those vents output.

Eric B

Not on mine @Roamers - fresh air only
There’s a 40mph sand storm outside right now, otherwise I’d go sneak a peek at the owners manual to confirm

pixelworker

I don’t understand those vents. Mine are full blast cold air all the time. I just keep them closed but the fan still runs. Is there a way to shut them off?

Top Bottom