About to buy a 2020 4x4. Want to understand the quirks.

Some really annoying ...."features"... The active lane keeping assist sucks. ...Really sucks and you need to shut it off every time you restart the truck. The audio system is on par with a 1978 Sanyo setup ...Maybe not even as good. Many of them howl on the highway at 70mph until you heavily insulate and soundproof the inside. The driveline is clunky switching in and out of park. Im not a fan of the little electronic P.R.N think that took the place of a real shifter. Primarily because you have to push to in for park, and I have several Fords that have column shifters.. more than once I have pushed the button on the ford, which is the tow/haul button..then thought I put it in park, only to have the truck roll forward, ...Muscle memory and repetition from the sprinter. The cup holders are terrible.. someone at MB decided it was a good idea to make them pitch back at a angle....so a full cup can leak and fill the cup holder itself with whatever was originally in the cup. The door panel arm rest is still awful..and painful after driving for any length of time. The tow capability is terrible at 5k pounds, Adding a remote start is almost impossible, They no longer have the rear door catches to stop them from flying open on a windy day should you be loading / unloading. ... With all that said.. I have a 2020 loaded cargo that I'm going to be getting rid of, ...Any interest ?
Where are you located?

RyderVan

Hi all, same position as @apartment15. Figuring out the quirks of the 2020 VS30 4x4. First couple engagements into 4/4 and it didn’t want to engage. Since then fine, so I’m assuming it was me.
While I’m now used to the e-gear shift it still creeps me out. What if I accidentally hit the P button while driving 😬. Hopefully there’s an electronic override to prevent that bit haven’t seen it in the literature. Anybody have an answer to that one?
ps - nice to be on the forum I’ve gathered so much info so far. You guys are great!

judah8750

Hi all, same position as @apartment15. Figuring out the quirks of the 2020 VS30 4x4. First couple engagements into 4/4 and it didn’t want to engage. Since then fine, so I’m assuming it was me.
While I’m now used to the e-gear shift it still creeps me out. What if I accidentally hit the P button while driving 😬. Hopefully there’s an electronic override to prevent that bit haven’t seen it in the literature. Anybody have an answer to that one?
ps - nice to be on the forum I’ve gathered so much info so far. You guys are great!
The park button on my van is the same as the wash the windshield button on my other car. The manual says it won't engage when moving but it still freaks me out.

RyderVan

The park button on my van is the same as the wash the windshield button on my other car. The manual says it won't engage when moving but it still freaks me out.
@judah8750 😅 I figured it had to be, but I didn’t see it in the manual. Thanks for confirming. Same on my other vehicle. Just hoping I don’t try the wipers on MB and drop it into R 😬🤣. Thanks

fooblahblah

Nope, just added wear and tear and increased fuel usage. Small price to pay for 4x4 actually working when you need it.
The key point being it's just AWD not a true center lock like "real" 4x4 (which would be bad to run on pavement for extended periods)

Top Bottom