Is it possible to get X69 (Swivel seats) for a 2020/21 Crew?

sanomechanic

In the 2021 MY 21 DOG Dealer Ordering Guide it has Swivel Seats for the 3500 Cargo Van and the 3500XD Crew Van but not for the regular 3500 Crew Van. Go Figure that out? The same is true for Suspension Seats but it does not list a way to get Swivel Seats and Suspension Seats together as factory built? Or, I should say, as specified in the MY 21 DOG. My sales person is still trying to figure it out. The factory told him that they have all the parts just no way to get an order together in the computer ? ! ?
Walk in His Peace,
Scribe With A Stylus
There are several discrepancies with the online DOG and build site. This comes up when dealer is keying in the build order on the allocation. They key it in. The bottom of the build screen turns red/orange and certain options have to be deleted before system will accept build.

My 2019 Cargo has factory swivels thank gawd. I drove a sprinter with swivel plates added and it was too tall. My leg went numb in some positions. I would never order a van without the factory swivels. It's like a fitting on a road bike. millimeters count.

sanomechanic

I got my VIN today. Van was built Dec 1st. I downloaded the data card 30 minutes ago

A snap of my data card :

View attachment 163172
That's not build sheet. The build sheet shows all codes and what type of van it is. Your dealer normally provides this once van is built and VIN is generated. That's just a generic snapshot and an order sheet. A build sheet looks more like the following. I would like to actually see a Crew get swivels pushed through.

Attachments

Last edited:

rjmh

I am sorry it doesn't meet your standard of proof. I don't have anything like what you attached.

I received a vin meaning it has been built. I put the vin into mbdecoder.com. I received the data card which is the build confirmation for the specific vin after build. It actually showed it was built on Dec 1st a day after the Nov 30th schedule date they gave me in August. The data card and my previously referenced invoice share the same set of options which includes, on the invoice, CV0Z Crew van comfort package, and S03Z Swivel seat package.

I will send you a picture when it arrives in the new year as I hope to make your wish come true, and will be very disappointed if I cannot.

sanomechanic

I am sorry it doesn't meet your standard of proof. I don't have anything like what you attached.

I received a vin meaning it has been built. I put the vin into mbdecoder.com. I received the data card which is the build confirmation for the specific vin after build. It actually showed it was built on Dec 1st a day after the Nov 30th schedule date they gave me in August. The data card and my previously referenced invoice share the same set of options which includes, on the invoice, CV0Z Crew van comfort package, and S03Z Swivel seat package.

I will send you a picture when it arrives in the new year as I hope to make your wish come true, and will be very disappointed if I cannot.
Only going by what every other Sprinter owner has regarding an actual build sheet from MB. That's all. Out of the dozens I have seen that all are alike. Yours is totally different than anything any others have seen. Truthfully.... I could real give a rats ass. Enjoy your van.

sanomechanic

They sure will not allow them to be built in US like that. Many have tried. Even the the sales manager tried to call in a push is through when the MB computer kicked it back and would not allow to complete build. Guess that does not meet DOT guidelines or something

vrrv

MY21 144 2WD HR Passenger
They sure will not allow them to be built in US like that. Many have tried. Even the the sales manager tried to call in a push is through when the MB computer kicked it back and would not allow to complete build. Guess that does not meet DOT guidelines or something
My dealer told me I can order parts but they will not install them for liability reasons. What a wonderful country... )

asimba2

ourkaravan.com
There is and always has been a difference between what's in the DOG and what the dealer can physically order. My van is a perfect example of that as I have two options that never appeared in the DOG. Some sales people are more knowledgable at navigating the system than others.

I did a consult on a VS30 Sprinter Crew van back in November that had OEM factory swivels. It is possible.

todtan

I just walked into my dealer and asked parts if they had the stock swivel seat base and lower base, they asked for my VIN and I gabe it (2019 144 highroof passenger RWD gasser) and I was told no problem we can have it here is 2 days. $2,450 for both swivels, bases and all hardware.

sanomechanic

I just walked into my dealer and asked parts if they had the stock swivel seat base and lower base, they asked for my VIN and I gabe it (2019 144 highroof passenger RWD gasser) and I was told no problem we can have it here is 2 days. $2,450 for both swivels, bases and all hardware.
You spoke with an intelligent parts guy is why. He obviously knows his stuff. Many dealers have lazy idiots working the parts counter that could care less.
Now...if you can get them to sell at employee or wholesale prices. Your down to $2000.00

Top Bottom