First oil change, ouch

Just got my 20k maintenance at MB of Littleton CO for $350. The additional 500 would be if you do the fuel filter and more checks. They told me that they have been waiting till 40K to do fuel filters and then every 20k after that. I think their logic was that brand new tank.....not really needed so I skipped. They dont take Costco parts/service coupon there but Westminster does. (Denver CO Sprinter service shops). $200 in parts with fuel filter and 3 hrs?? of checks. The only thing that justifies is a Sprinter mechanic is giving it a once over while dealer charges you close to $200 per mechanic hour. They did 9 of my 9 recalls I had piled up. Overall pretty satisfied (while knowing it was going to be $850 every 2 years or so......)

Just got my 20k maintenance at MB of Littleton CO for $350. The additional 500 would be if you do the fuel filter and more checks. They told me that they have been waiting till 40K to do fuel filters and then every 20k after that. I think their logic was that brand new tank.....not really needed so I skipped. They dont take Costco parts/service coupon there but Westminster does. (Denver CO Sprinter service shops). $200 in parts with fuel filter and 3 hrs?? of checks. The only thing that justifies is a Sprinter mechanic is giving it a once over while dealer charges you close to $200 per mechanic hour. They did 9 of my 9 recalls I had piled up. Overall pretty satisfied (while knowing it was going to be $850 every 2 years or so......)

They just posted coupons. https://www.mercedesoflittleton.com/sprinter-service-specials.html $330 and $730 respectively

chipsterguy

Fuel filter does require some disassembly to get to it... not 3 hours worth though.

Kajtek1

2015 long/tall limo RV 2.1l
I would be interested in $350 fuel filter change and having the airbag recall, going to dealer might be good option.
But must be my bad luck, none of Las Vegas dealers have the offer.
They do have 20% off for Saturday service thought.

Dobovedo

Thanks for the info. We're in Berkeley Lake and I had been debating whether to go to Littleton or Westminster for service. Only 5k on our 2019, so not in need of regular service yet, but we're wondering about the recalls and have a few minor complaints we're deciding if we care enough to have dealth with (mostly squeaks and rattles in the sliding door and the crazy heated seat cabling that makes the swivel seats worthless).

coss370

I peeked under the seat today. The seat recall they made was a disaster. I ended up doing it myself. I am not going back to these guys. If I am going to be paying for $700, I might as well get good service

brianzoh

We're in Berkeley Lake and I had been debating whether to go to Littleton or Westminster for service
Neat. I'm that area as well, Tennyson and 44th area.

I had one appt in Westminster when I first got my van ... I'll drive to the seventh ring of Hell for service before going back.

I have an appointment in Littleton in a week for all the recall work, first oil change. I'm told to expect a much better experience. Here's hoping!

126v8

Neat. I'm that area as well, Tennyson and 44th area.

I had one appt in Westminster when I first got my van ... I'll drive to the seventh ring of Hell for service before going back.

I have an appointment in Littleton in a week for all the recall work, first oil change. I'm told to expect a much better experience. Here's hoping!
Westminster service sucks?

TrailTaxi

Thanks for the information folks. Our 2019/2020 MB is currently at that local (San Diego MB) commercial van shop getting it's 20K service. Along with the oil change they are going to do an MPI but not the fuel filter -- the total is $256.63. They were pretty cool about other work and talking me out of other items that I though it may have needed -- like alignment. The Tec asked if the steering wheel is centered, if it stops straight and how the tire wear looks and said that the alignment was expensive and we probably did not need one. I spent about 45 minutes asking him other sprinter questions and he was very nice to answer everything with a smile. He may have been thinking "will this guy ever shut up" but never showed it (-; I also mentioned how much better the vehicle shifts in and out of 4X4 after the last SW update and he was happy about that.

sanomechanic

Thanks for the information folks. Our 2019/2020 MB is currently at that local (San Diego MB) commercial van shop getting it's 20K service. Along with the oil change they are going to do an MPI but not the fuel filter -- the total is $256.63. They were pretty cool about other work and talking me out of other items that I though it may have needed -- like alignment. The Tec asked if the steering wheel is centered, if it stops straight and how the tire wear looks and said that the alignment was expensive and we probably did not need one. I spent about 45 minutes asking him other sprinter questions and he was very nice to answer everything with a smile. He may have been thinking "will this guy ever shut up" but never showed it (-; I also mentioned how much better the vehicle shifts in and out of 4X4 after the last SW update and he was happy about that.
I too had a very good experience at San Diego

Top Bottom