Adventure Wagon Kit Review

sfhsprinter

Over the panel. It just attaches to the upper and lower L track. Maybe this picture is more clear.

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear in my question. I meant did attach the lower L-track over the adwagon panel or did you cut into the panel at all?

VanGoSki

Dit you tack it in, drill it, and then do rivnuts?
No, just sheet metal screws which is more than enough for the job. I would redo it with rivnuts if there was anything substantial that it had to support, but I have no current plans for that. BTW, I added another board to it for the fire extinguisher.

Pickleball

2022 2500 144 High roof 4 cyl diesel
I have no idea how many threads, but it is certainly more than enough. You are correct, it is not just a bolt, but I have probably installed 200 or so and have not had an issue.
For me, the PRN1 tool was not able to thread onto a 6 mm plusnut even with its Nose Nut (part #2 in its parts breakdown diagram) adjusted to expose as many mandrel threads as possible. I removed the Nose Nut and then the mandrel could thread onto many but not all plusnut threads. Two pulls were required to fully set and flatten the plusnut flanges, with rotating the rear cap/wheel to fully re-thread the mandrel back into the plusnut between pulls.

A6361B40-D9B8-4559-A3A7-4736ECBB6632.jpeg06FCF0C3-A3AF-44E5-AC87-2852D1886A89.jpeg

VanGoSki

@kper @VanGoSki
View attachment 246009

You guys recommended getting an upholsterer to do the headliner which is what I plan on, which option do you suggest, just the fabric or the cut and sewn version for $400?

Thanks!
Cut and sewn version I would think. That's what I did. Those are some tricky contours. You'd probably end up paying the upholsterer the same money anyway and might not come out as good.

Cut and sewn version I would think. That's what I did. Those are some tricky contours. You'd probably end up paying the upholsterer the same money anyway and might not come out as good.
I got the sewn fabric option for $400. I laid it over the headliner and decided it was going to be a later project when I had some extra time to spend (and the weather was a little warmer). The fabric they give you had an obvious layout, but it's not a cookie cutter drop-and-glue project. There's some room for error.

hdaniels

I purchased the cut and sewn version, I paid a local upholstery shop $200 to apply the material to the headliner. Looks great and takes the build quality to another level.

Attachments

kper

@kper @VanGoSki
View attachment 246009

You guys recommended getting an upholsterer to do the headliner which is what I plan on, which option do you suggest, just the fabric or the cut and sewn version for $400?

Thanks!
As others said, I highly recommend cut and sewn. That is the only option I have experience with, but AW has a tried and true template which works very well. COuld be hit or miss with your local provider.

bodhiryan

Your CO2 sensor should be near the floor...C02 is heavier than air...otherwise it won't do you much good. (unless you have already moved it there) :)
Carbon Monoxide is not lighter than air, though. Best practice is placing the monitor at sleeping level.

Pickleball

2022 2500 144 High roof 4 cyl diesel
When reinstalling the driver side B pillar plastic shroud, the seat belt adjustable height take off point on that pillar would could not be adjusted or moved. I discovered the piece on the pillar shroud that can slide up and down has a protrusion that gets inserted into the adjustment mechanism on the metal panel itself. When the pillar had been removed, that adjustable pillar piece got moved and no longer aligned.
IMG_2666.jpeg

When reinstalling the driver side B pillar plastic shroud, the seat belt adjustable height take off point on that pillar would could not be adjusted or moved. I discovered the piece on the pillar shroud that can slide up and down has a protrusion that gets inserted into the adjustment mechanism on the metal panel itself. When the pillar had been removed, that adjustable pillar piece got moved and no longer aligned.
View attachment 270063
Yea, it's a pain to get them to line up. I usually set both sliders to the middle of the track and slowly pop the shroud back on. It usually takes a couple tries, but it'll all go back together with full adjustability.

Rocksnsalt

There Can Be Only ONE
3 people. we all fit perfectly in the MOAB bed.
Well now that’s going to depend on the size of the people isn’t it.

And how friendly they are to each other.

If you want to say a small to medium build couple and infant or small child well ok.
Two plus size adults are going to make it a bit uncomfortable for somebody.

And, pediatricians (as well as psychologists) agree it’s best a child has their own bed.

Top Bottom