LHM reset without key fob?

hutchski

I had a coolant explosion (cracked reservoir) that I patched with JB Weld but I can't seem to get the van out of LHM or maybe I am coincidentally experiencing a new problem at the same time, wouldn't that be my luck??

I saw on a previous thread the key / lock trick to reset LHM but it didn't work for me. The instructions were to use a key fob though which my van doesn't have. I locked and unlocked the doors with the inside button but those have become wacky and do this fun little lock/unluck/lock dance so I wonder if maybe its not achieving the same thing as one would with a key fob. Is there another way to get it out of LHM??

Also, I am not entirely convinced limp mode is actually what is happening here. I can reach HWY speeds but I don't climb hills well. Even the slightest incline will cause me to lose speed. Other than that it seems to be driving fine.

ANY ADVICE???

I did get it scanned at an auto zone and there are zero codes. No dash lights. Coolant seems to be holding. Might still be working through some air bubbles in the cooling system but my ghetto $5 fix seems legit so far.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
What year is your T1N?

I would hazard a guess it's a 2002 or 2003 and you have disturbed a vacuum hose, but...

Keith.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Its a 2003
Thought so!

In that case follow the vacuum hoses from the 'T' piece on the brake booster to the turbo boost actuator under the air filter box and on to the recirc flap actuator on the heater air intake. I suspect one of these hoses has been disturbed.

Keith.
T1N Vac Valve and schematic.png

hutchski

Ok I think I am looking at the correct hose? It does appear to be weathered a bit. Is it supposed to be firm when the engine is idling? Mine is very soft and shows these small cracks when I squeeze it. tempImageMnGdUX.png

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Ok I think I am looking at the correct hose? It does appear to be weathered a bit. Is it supposed to be firm when the engine is idling? Mine is very soft and shows these small cracks when I squeeze it. View attachment 162204
I believe the ridged hose pictured carries supply air from the intake on the fender wing down to the air filter box? If so the cracks are inconsequential...

You seek the small-bore (1/4” or so...) tubes that run across from the brake booster (below the brake fluid reservoir) across to the exhaust and turbo actuator, then continues to the cabin air intake housing (below the hole in the hood). The vacuum system drives the brake booster, the turbo actuator, and the fresh/cabin air recirculation flap, so a leak in these will eventually lead to the turbo actuator not moving as expected, which will confuse the ECM’s control logic and trigger a non-turbo LHM.

-dave

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
...a leak in these will eventually lead to the turbo actuator not moving as expected, which will confuse the ECM’s control logic and trigger a non-turbo LHM.
Not quite, the turbo just will not produce any boost so you are running naturally aspirated and flat as a ...

But best of all this fault will NOT illuminate the CEL.

Keith.

Top Bottom