2006 LTV - mattress options (air?)

Our early 2006 T1N LTV came with a foam mattress that the previous owners had. It takes up a tremendous amount of space and is only so-so. As we use a Sleep Number for our regular sleeping wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an air mattress that's comfortable?
2006-added-mattress.jpg

tinman

Our early 2006 T1N LTV came with a foam mattress that the previous owners had. It takes up a tremendous amount of space and is only so-so. As we use a Sleep Number for our regular sleeping wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an air mattress that's comfortable?
View attachment 162062
Obviously your mileage may vary, but we just use a mattress cover over the existing bed assemblywith the bedding (set of double bed sheets sewn across the bottom and half way up the sides, and a duvet) directly on top. The whole issue rolls up and nicely fits into the passenger side wheel well compartment. Takes about a minute to unroll and make the bed. We generally sleep very well.

h2oxtc

@englewoodfl
We have an LTV Free Spirit SS with the electric sofa bed. While not uncomfortable, we wanted to improve the sleep comfort. After some research we bought a self inflating air mattress from Mountain Equipment Coop, the Reactor 6.5. It fits like a glove and is exceedingly comfortable. Although it's "self inflating" we use a tiny 12V pump to inflate it quickly, and we store it partially deflated and rolled up in the shower when travelling. Fully deflated it's a fraction of the size of the mattress in your photo.

Thanks. Hadn't consider this option.

It looks like this only for sale in Canada. US shipping might be possible but if the CEO doesn't like it then returning it would be a nightmare. Unfortunately all the Canadians that I know are either here in SW Florida or not coming (burrrrrrr) this season. Maybe I can find a rough equivalent here.

hoosierrun

Tri fold memory foam is wounderful. And folds up pretty small. We use ours as a couch sometimes.
That is what we use (tri-fold). It takes up some space, but for 2 people using the rig, it is not a problem. Fitted sheets stay on it when folded making it super fast to set up. Use have a corner bed Serenity. The back bed has the full size tri-fold that stores up against the back wall, still allowing use of the sofa (wife's quarters) and I use the front bed with a twin tri-fold mattress and it stores behind the table up against the driver's side wall. Even with that back table seat taken up, two people can sit at the table without rotating the cab seats, and it is possible for 3 to eat at the table if the MB seats are rotated around (possibly 4). Frankly, I don't need the twin mattress in the front but my wife insisted since that is the one she started with in the back before upgrading to the full size.

Actual measurement - 64" x 72" which isn't a standard mattress size. It's the 72" that's making the search difficult. I thought about an 80" mattress but I think there will be problems when it starts to inflate. I can see it buckling or worse.

Top Bottom