Cross Wind Assist

Wine Country

Today my Dealer Lynnwood Mercedes (Seattle area) upgraded my 15 View G with Cross Wind Assist. I have had many trips with high wind. I slow down but the fight is hard. The cost was $300.

WinnieView1

Today my Dealer Lynnwood Mercedes (Seattle area) upgraded my 15 View G with Cross Wind Assist. I have had many trips with high wind. I slow down but the fight is hard. The cost was $300.
We have a 2014 G and have added the larger stabilizer bar, sumo springs, and Koni shocks. Does yours have any aftermarket add-ons?

rollerbearing

Did they do this readily? I thought some of the reason it was not included is that the masses, dampings, spring rates, etc are not "stock" and the software would have trouble with the reponse. Although why it couldn't learn these parameters over time I do not know.

Please keep us updated as to what improvements you see with it.

Any chance this friendly dealer can update to 6 wheel tpms somehow as well?

Wine Country

Did they do this readily? I thought some of the reason it was not included is that the masses, dampings, spring rates, etc are not "stock" and the software would have trouble with the reponse. Although why it couldn't learn these parameters over time I do not know.

Please keep us updated as to what improvements you see with it.

Any chance this friendly dealer can update to 6 wheel tpms somehow as well?
I have my View in storage. All my dealer did was to send the VIN to Mercedes and the upgrade CD was sent.

rollerbearing

Please do give us an update when you have a chance. I often feel more a sailor than a RV driver. I just accept it all - but have been curious what difference the crosswind assist would make. 2015 Navion 24V

bigb

2011 Winnebago Via 25Q on 2010 3500 Tucson, AZ
How does cross wind assist work and how does it differ from Electronic Stability Program (ESP)?

bigb

2011 Winnebago Via 25Q on 2010 3500 Tucson, AZ
Never mind I Googled it. Seems it can be retro-fitted to vehicles that have the Adaptive ESP which started early in MY 2012.

Wine Country

I have many miles with CWA. It really helps. My right rear speed control went out last month in NM driving to Houston. Had it fixed at a dealer. I am now returning home. CWA does kick in at times. My View had Fox shocks, hellwig, and heavy sumo.

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
I have many miles with CWA. It really helps. My right rear speed control went out last month in NM driving to Houston. Had it fixed at a dealer. I am now returning home. CWA does kick in at times. My View had Fox shocks, hellwig, and heavy sumo.
As you might remember, I was trying to do the same thing, but on the East Coast. My local MB dealer told me it was impossible to do. The SA noted that he got his info from his shop foreman who was "really knows his stuff". When I noted that I was aware that it had been done on the West Coast, he suggested it was VIN related and that you probably already had software or hardware installed and that the load you had done was only to activated existing capabilities.

As you also might remember, I confirmed the name of your SA at Lynnwood Mercedes via PM. I have emailed him twice now in an effort to connect the two SAs without any response. I will attempt it at least once more.

The moral of the story is that some SAs have better knowledge of the CWA load than others.

Top Bottom