Brand New 2020 Windshield Leak

Ok, so maybe they took the dash apart to make sure there was no water damage as a result of the leak. If they’re able to dry it out and stop the leak the van is almost certainly fine. That said, I’d be tempted to ask the dealership to reduce the selling price to reflect the fact that it’s been soaked and torn apart.

Surfzup

Ok, so maybe they took the dash apart to make sure there was no water damage as a result of the leak. If they’re able to dry it out and stop the leak the van is almost certainly fine. That said, I’d be tempted to ask the dealership to reduce the selling price to reflect the fact that it’s been soaked and torn apart.
Just out of curiosity we did ask them if they’d be willing to reduce the price and they said they’d already taken off $1300 off the MSRP (which in our opinion was squat but we ordered it anyway) and they couldn’t reduce it any more. We’ve decided they can just keep it- not worth the worry to us. Good luck to them to find someone would pay a few hundred dollars below MSRP for a brand new van that has water issues and who know what other future problems.

no_bean_chili

Caveated with the fact that these are different companies, industries, selective observation bias and I know nothing about manufacturing:

“Federal prosecutors recently subpoenaed Boeing for documents related to production processes at the Dreamliner plant in North Charleston, S.C., the people said.

In April, The New York Times detailed allegations of shoddy work and flawed quality control at the factory that threatened to compromise safety. The article, based on hundreds of pages of internal emails, company documents and federal records, revealed that debris was regularly left inside aircraft. A ladder was found in a plane’s tail and a stray bolt in an engine.”

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/28/business/boeing-787-dreamliner-investigation.html

Just out of curiosity we did ask them if they’d be willing to reduce the price and they said they’d already taken off $1300 off the MSRP (which in our opinion was squat but we ordered it anyway) and they couldn’t reduce it any more. We’ve decided they can just keep it- not worth the worry to us. Good luck to them to find someone would pay a few hundred dollars below MSRP for a brand new van that has water issues and who know what other future problems.
Good call. You’ll find another van. Kind of a bs answer from the dealer; they’ve got enough margin to take off more. Shop somewhere else.

DisplacedSconnie

'20 2500 144 4x4 in Pebble Grey
Surfzup, if not the dealer name, can you share the city? I am waiting on a 20 144 4x4 being built in SC (yikes) and don’t want to receive a call on Monday that mine miraculously arrived early...

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Caveated with the fact that these are different companies, industries, selective observation bias and I know nothing about manufacturing:

“Federal prosecutors recently subpoenaed Boeing for documents related to production processes at the Dreamliner plant in North Charleston, S.C., the people said.

In April, The New York Times detailed allegations of shoddy work and flawed quality control at the factory that threatened to compromise safety. The article, based on hundreds of pages of internal emails, company documents and federal records, revealed that debris was regularly left inside aircraft. A ladder was found in a plane’s tail and a stray bolt in an engine.”

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/28/business/boeing-787-dreamliner-investigation.html
Considering that there are only 4 dreamliners in whole World, how much garbage are we talking about?

Surfzup

Surfzup, if not the dealer name, can you share the city? I am waiting on a 20 144 4x4 being built in SC (yikes) and don’t want to receive a call on Monday that mine miraculously arrived early...
A bit hesitant to list name of dealer or city because we may still have to work with them on future build order but I can at least tell you you won’t have to worry that they’ll be giving you ours as it was not a 4x4. We ordered the RWd because we were told they were not taking any more build orders for 4x4 until next year. I guess everything works out the way it’s supposed to- since we have to wait, we may as well wait for a 4x4.

djsincla

FWIW....Im relatively ....annoyed with the overall build quality of these things. ... Sprinter buyers beware.
They are a Cargo van first and not luxuary vehicle. At base price we can double the price with factory options and triple the price with additional after market build outs but at its core it’s just a cargo can.

MB USA is somewhat unique in that they sell luxury vehicles and Sprinters. In other world locations, the MB vehicle choices are broader.

MB USA is somewhat unique in that they sell luxury vehicles and Sprinters. In other world locations, the MB vehicle choices are broader.
In the rest of the world aren't the commercial vehicle MB dealerships separate from the passenger models? I recall that was the business model at one time.

vic

Tom Tint

They are a Cargo van first and not luxuary vehicle. At base price we can double the price with factory options and triple the price with additional after market build outs but at its core it’s just a cargo can.

My cargo van had a 62K MSRP.... Hardly a base model... I probably could have bought 2 Transits and still had enough left over to spend a week in Vegas...

Surfzup

I agree that the cargo vans are at their core commercial vehicles but for the price that Mercedes is charging their clients along with the Mercedes logo, there is absolutely no excuse for water seepage into the cab of a brand new van that hasn’t even left the lot.

Top Bottom