Possible H15 LED High Beam bulb with working DRL?

chriszep

Hey everyone, like many other 2019 sprinter drivers, ive been hunting for a suitable H15 LED bulb to replace my highbeam/DRL. I found these bulbs from a seller in Australia, and it actually shows the bulbs installed in a VS30. I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet, I am wondering if anyone else has given these a try.

chriszep

Another option I have been mulling over is these from Amazon, notably the have some sort of anti flicker box wired too them which is different from all the other options on amazon.

Eric B

@chriszep that's cool if the Australians found a way to miniaturize & build the anti flicker unit into the base ... if so, probably only a matter of time until all others catch on ... let us know what you hear back ... between the low beam LED bulbs and the LP9s I have in the front grille I haven't had to use the factory high beams at all ... :ROFLMAO:

chriszep

I just received an email back from the seller saying they are error and flicker free... Just placed the order, will update! I am tired of having to clear the DRL error every time I get in my car!

Eric B

@chriszep you have some on there right now that produce a dashboard error but remain lit on both sides ? that's cool, the ones I tried only one side would remain lit for any duration of time, and I also got the error on the dash - so I put my halogen H15s back in. Fingers crossed for your new set!

chriszep

@chriszep you have some on there right now that produce a dashboard error but remain lit on both sides ? that's cool, the ones I tried only one side would remain lit for any duration of time, and I also got the error on the dash - so I put my halogen H15s back in. Fingers crossed for your new set!
These bulbs work as High beams perfectly, but when you turn on the van during the day they flicker on and off a few times and then you get a "daytime running light Left/Right" error message and they shut off. Its not the end of the world but its annoying enough to want to find a better bulb!

I also had these:
https://amzn.to/2IPr45l

These will not flicker or show any error, but they aren't bright at all, and really dont function as "high beams" to help illuminate the road.

chriszep

I had these from Aliexpress:

Working DRL, very bright high beam, no errors on display. Also has an great lifetime. Would definitely recommend.
Those looks like the same bulb the seller in Australia is selling for 3X the price. Might order a second set as a backup from aliexpress!

DvDw

Those looks like the same bulb the seller in Australia is selling for 3X the price. Might order a second set as a backup from aliexpress!
Hahaha, sounds like a typical scam...
You won’t regret getting these from Aliexpress. They are a good quality and also plug an play. These lamps are actually the only good solution for converting the high beams and DRL to LED.

DvDw

I’ve had multiple LED lamps from CNSunny light by the way, turn signal LED’s, low beam. Never had any issues.

krasheq

2019 4x4 V6

chriszep

The lights I ordered from Australia have landed in US and should be to me in a few days. Im excited to see if they really work and dont cause an error.. If they do I think ill order a backup set from Aliexpress to save some money.

chriszep

nice! so which one you got?
These ones from Austrailia.

That being said, the ones from Ali express look identical and are 1/4 the price... so maybe worth taking a chance on. I’ll likely order a set from Ali express as a backup.

DvDw

These ones from Austrailia.

That being said, the ones from Ali express look identical and are 1/4 the price... so maybe worth taking a chance on. I’ll likely order a set from Ali express as a backup.
Trust me, they are 100% the same. The seller on the Australian website is just scamming you. The lamp has the exact same design, text, color and light output than the one on AliExpress. The scammer just rebrands them ;)

Eric B

trying these, not getting my hopes up, but they are dirt cheap ...

at US$20 shipped from HK, I have no idea how they even begin to make a profit on these ...

Top Bottom