Removing stuck crankshaft position sensor... any tips?

The engine wouldn't run by the time I got to that point... Before getting medieval on the sensor I'd recommend getting the engine hot, then trying some of the techniques above (only one chance if you break the old sensor though! Van won't start once it's broken) Getting a flame in that enclosed space seems like a good way to get burnt or damage hoses.
Best way is just not to get to this point, although hard to do buying a 15+ year old sprinter. Speaking of which, are there any threads about maintenance for a new owner of an old sprinter? Easy/cheap maintenance that without history, should probably be done. Things like leak-off test, fuel filter, glow plug replacement, tranny oil change, etc... Seems to me many owners will just change oil/replace pads and call that maintenance until something breaks. When it's hard to find any T1N's less than 200k, a list like that could be a lifesaver

B

billintomahawk

The first thing to do is say your year and engine type. Since there are two different but the same engines, 612/647 some of us who know less will only comment on the engine we know. Maybe you did and I missed it in the thread...add this information to your signature and that makes it easy.

I learned the hard way buying used spare part travel spares for the wrong engine.

bill in tomahawk

meta2

'05 2.7 140" Freightliner
Go to the T1N write-ups section.
Third post from the top (OP was cahaak) Common Maintenance Work Procedure Thread Link List
Dive into that if you dare.
-Peter

Top Bottom