• Good/Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor/ Not Recommended

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Review by Mark : Run and fast in opposite direction " - Mark57
I took my 2018 MB Sprinter in for a noise that was diagnosed by dealership as a faulty transfer case. Scheduled time to get this done ... Ryan figured 1 week so I booked flight to PHX ($500.00) stayed in PHX ( $1,200) missed 40 hrs of work ($2,000). While I am in PHX I call Ryan to let me know progress and my concern that the problem would be cured,he assured me it had his attention. I returned ,picked up my rig at midnight after arriving from airport drove back to Bozeman. Low and behold sound was still there just as before, note I rode with their mechanic and he was we aware of the what I was dealing with,and he drove it after new part but this time with a sprinter rep who said it was normal... Well I have had 12 Sprinters since 2002 3 of them were 4x4 and this sound was not normal. Ryan wanted. 10 on his review. No follow up call no hey can we make it right nothing. With monies out of my pocket MBenz paid to ship part from Germany,the part itself, then labor to install. I suppose a 10-12k screwup including my lost money. Not a great way to get a 10 Ryan.

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Review by Nicholas : This situation appears to be a scam to defraud insurance companies and owners!
Dropped off our Sprinter at Billings Mercedes at 10 am on November 5th. Engine light was on and the code showed oxygen sensor failed.
1. At 1:30 pm, service rep, Kyle Robinson, came to us and said the vehicle test showed two faults, one for the Oxygen Sensor and a second for a NOX sensor. They supposedly replaced the Oxygen sensor but not the NOX sensor. And i have bad news too. There appears to be gas mixed with the diesel in your tank. MB Warranty does not cover fuel issues but you can go through you insurance to pay for the repair
2. Service manager Shawn Skelton, showed us a fuel sample in a glass mason jar. It had a gas odor but was visually clean, no partials. He claimed contaminated fuel caused Sensor to fail and that the entire fuel system needs to be replaced. $26,000. Or the powertrain warranty would be voided. Called Rv dealer and Dynamax on conference call, They asked Shawn for work order and said they would contact Mercedes.
3. Tech, Bryan Rose mentioned there were two other Mercedes vehicles there needing the same repair and showed us two fuel tanks. He said insurance companies cover these types of repairs and was waiting for the OK on the two out in the lot, both sprinter rvs. I asked to see the old Oxygen Sensor and the tech told my wife it was probably sent back already but then the service manage walked over to a bench and picked up what he said was the old sensor. Other than a little carbon discoloration it appeared in visually good shape. NOT BURNT. They both claimed it was fuel fouled.
4. Both the Bryan Rose, tech and service manager told us that diesel fuel does not burn on its own and when they dipped a rag in their mason jar sample it lit with a lazy flame, not the way a vaporous gas fuel would burn
5. I told them to pull two more samples, they hesitated but did so reluctantly, while I watched. NO GAS ODOR NOTED IN EITHER. It was obvious the someone had laced the first sample with gas in an effort to defraud us. Tech said the first sample smelled because it was on top of the fuel filter? When smelling the tank fill inlet opening, there was no gaseous odor.
6. Kyle said the vehicle should not be driven and we would have to find a way to get back to Bozeman.
I told them i was not leaving my vehicle there, it was running fine.
Then the service manage said you could probably drive it but the engine light would probably come on again.
Drove home without incident. All is good with out Sprinter.
WHAT A BUNCH OF DIRT BAGS!

Last edited:

Tuck5000

2008 2500 170
Review my Nicholas : This situation appears to be a scam to defraud insurance companies and owners!
Dropped off our Sprinter at Billings Mercedes at 10 am on November 5th. Engine light was on and the code showed oxygen sensor failed.
1. At 1:30 pm, service rep, Kyle Robinson, came to us and said the vehicle test showed two faults, one for the Oxygen Sensor and a second for a NOX sensor. They supposedly replaced the Oxygen sensor but not the NOX sensor. And i have bad news too. There appears to be gas mixed with the diesel in your tank. MB Warranty does not cover fuel issues but you can go through you insurance to pay for the repair
2. Service manager Shawn Skelton, showed us a fuel sample in a glass mason jar. It had a gas odor but was visually clean, no partials. He claimed contaminated fuel caused Sensor to fail and that the entire fuel system needs to be replaced. $26,000. Or the powertrain warranty would be voided. Called Rv dealer and Dynamax on conference call, They asked Shawn for work order and said they would contact Mercedes.
3. Tech, Bryan Rose mentioned there were two other Mercedes vehicles there needing the same repair and showed us two fuel tanks. He said insurance companies cover these types of repairs and was waiting for the OK on the two out in the lot, both sprinter rvs. I asked to see the old Oxygen Sensor and the tech told my wife it was probably sent back already but then the service manage walked over to a bench and picked up what he said was the old sensor. Other than a little carbon discoloration it appeared in visually good shape. NOT BURNT. They both claimed it was fuel fouled.
4. Both the Bryan Rose, tech and service manager told us that diesel fuel does not burn on its own and when they dipped a rag in their mason jar sample it lit with a lazy flame, not the way a vaporous gas fuel would burn
5. I told them to pull two more samples, they hesitated but did so reluctantly, while I watched. NO GAS ODOR NOTED IN EITHER. It was obvious the someone had laced the first sample with gas in an effort to defraud us. Tech said the first sample smelled because it was on top of the fuel filter? When smelling the tank fill inlet opening, there was no gaseous odor.
6. Kyle said the vehicle should not be driven and we would have to find a way to get back to Bozeman.
I told them i was not leaving my vehicle there, it was running fine.
Then the service manage said you could probably drive it but the engine light would probably come on again.
Drove home without incident. All is good with out Sprinter.
WHAT A BUNCH OF DIRT BAGS!

File a report with the better business bureau, this is bullshit.. you cant trust anybody anymore...Have you ever tried the Dealer in Missoula for service ? I purchsed a 2020 from them a couple months ago, I was not real impressed with the sales service.... Not sure if i want them to service the van in the future....This is the drawback of owning a sprinter, no reliable place in bozeman for service...I had no problems with M & W service / repair on my 08 sprinter, but now they have retired... Might be going to saltlake or boise

Last edited by a moderator:

Mein Sprinter

Known member
File a report with the better business bureau, this is bullshit.. you cant trust anybody anymore...Have you ever tried the Dealer in Missoula for service ? I purchsed a 2020 from them a couple months ago, I was not real impressed with the sales service.... Not sure if i want them to service the van in the future....This is the drawback of owning a sprinter, no reliable place in bozeman for service...I had no problems with M & W service / repair on my 08 sprinter, but now they have retired... Might be going to saltlake or boise
Avoid Missoula MB... had problems with them and lack of attention for travelers. Head to Spokane MB; great service and attention. Do expect to wait a bit though!

Cheers...

jjohn55

I will also vouch for the Mercedes people in Spokane. Just started working with them on my new purchase of 2011 Winnebago with 3500 MB Sprinter.
Very fair & knowledgeable for me. See Rick Turner in service

lindenengineering

Just a few comments reading this!
First you don't need to rip off ,deceive, or act like a bandit (like Dick Turpin the Highwayman) to make a reasonable profit selling sales & service on vehicles like MB Sprinters.
If the narrative is true, then its a damming indictment of this dealership, or any provider for that matter .

Frankly the BBB has lost it effectiveness in the modern era of social media.
It has always had its limitation anyway, and really focuses on small business trying to make a startup headway in the commercial world.
They won't take on complaints about big business ,nor banks, financial institutions nor insurance companies & the ilk's.
These organizations have bevies of deep pockets & attorneys to crush customer objections & negate any meaningful complaint, so it a waste of time.

Coming from this auto business, you can only do so much, but the most effective method is to politely write a recorded delivery letter to the dealer general manager and the (in this case) MB customer relations.
Now I can't state that this work with the right positive reaction.
I can cite however, an incidence where one Landrover Denver Metro dealer ripped us off over devious parts & core exchange tariffs. In spite of us doing some considerable business with them over 15 years AND providing written invoice proof of double dip charging on parts etc to the management .
This was to no avail in our case the whole thing fell silent.
Landrover USA you got an "F" , including an "eff ouwf mate"!

So take your business elsewhere.
In the case of Landrover and their appalling dealership support in the Denver Metro, I source capture parts from a Salt lake City dealership.
Prices are at least 40% less, and delivery response times about 30% better even with UPS involved .
Remembering the all time best quotation as an ex Landover B/L employee .
Not everyone can own Landrover, We are trying to maintain the intrinsic exclusivity of the marque!
(Dennis' comment what a lot of Brit bollocks) :devilish:

So its buyer beware (Caveat Emptor) in all things as consumer not just "motors".
Dennis

Top Bottom