Fix the cheesy vacuum reservoir mount

bigb

2011 Winnebago Via 25Q on 2010 3500 Tucson, AZ
So in my quest to find rattles in my MH I found my vacuum reservoir dangling in the engine bay when the single plastic mounting ear broke off:rolleyes:. Somebody had tried to fix it in the past with 1. Duct tape and when that failed 2. with plumbers tape and self tapping screws which didn't work either. Correct me if I am wrong but this seems like a poor design especially since the air fitting is press fitted so when the tank falls off and rolls down the highway you have a major vacuum leak which could affect your brakes??? (The only thing that kept mine from falling out onto the road was the fender brace that is got hung up on)
Not wanting to replace the tank with the same poor design I fabbed up a mounting bracket, although I have fair metal working skills and equipment this could be done by anyone with a drill and grinder, even just a drill if you can scrounge up the right piece of metal. I started to bend up a bracket when I realized that 1" x 3" tubing would be perfect and I happened to have some so I sliced off a piece, cut one side out, shaped and drilled it, drilled the tank mount and bolted it up. I epoxied the broken ear back on for spacing purposes but not really necessary. A layer of PVC pipe wrap on the back side to eliminate any chance of a rattle. Fits tight, no rattle. bracket.jpgepoxied.jpgwith PVC tape.jpg20201108_082958.jpg

Top Bottom