Sprinter diagnostics is here!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Re: DAD users group discussion thread

Thread reopened. Expect some information on the matter. I will try to move the posts to the other thread...

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9179

...so that we can continue the technical discussion here. Thanks for your patience.
First, let me thank the moderator for temporarily having locked the thread to prevent the spread of misinformation and panic.

This permanent users thread is an important adjunct to the DAD system and essential to it's full usefulness and functionality. We are but a small group of Sprinter owners trying to survive the vacuum of official technical support.

It is most regrettable that the name of THE 'large international shipping company' was leaked onto the thread (Edit: The moderator has informed me that he has now deleted those references). Those with young children will appreciate the familiar Harry Potter line, "He who must not be named". Apparently there is a strict confidentiality agreement with that company regarding the use of their name and we ALL need to seriously adhere to that.

I was previously aware of the serious 'falling out' between the US and Belgian parties in question. I was personally impacted several years ago when the SDA system was suddenly dropped by Snap On. I was helping a large regional Snap On distributor with marketing of the system when the SDAs were suddenly pulled from the shelves and eventually altogether from the US market.

Thanks to all you group members who came to the defense of the DAD on this thread attack. Proof of US ownership of the software rights has been documented and provided by the US based creator.

This documentation has been provided to the moderator(s) and it is my hope that any disruptive and inappropriate postings by parties with personal agendas will be dealt with swiftly.

Lets return to Job One, Sprinter technical support. Doktor A

Last edited:

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
All we claim are the legal rights in relation to our intellectual property protected "Diagnostic Software" which is the part that actually communicates with the car and which is the property of our company.

Carsoft International

As per the DAD Software owner:

The communications from and within the car are owned by Daimler and the code is licensed to select companies as a collection of documents for a very large fee. The current document for NCV3 Sprinters is MB standard 2100041799 V1.2 which uses ISO9141 V2 and ISO14230 V2 as supporting documents. The DAD uses MB standard 2100008899 and 2100008899 v1.1 which uses ISO9141 v1.1 as a supporting document for T1N Sprinters from 2000. For earlier Sprinters, MB standard 021892-1 with MB standard IM RTMD+ Protokoll (a proprietary standard) as a supporting document is valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom