Lithium Upgrade with (630AH) Lithionics Batteries

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
I just got my Lithionics 12v315GTX and here is the manual. The Lithionics battery seems to be smart enough to take care of itself. It sure is a beautiful batteries!

20210110_113833_resized.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

EnerGT

2020 LTV Unity MB
As part of this 630ah Lithionics upgrade, I chose the Renogy 50A DC-DC charger to regulate the max charging of the house batteries from the alternator. I installed it in the step compartment (see pic #47 on page one) and have been pleased with it so far. I verified the charge rate directly from my Lithionics battery Bluetooth app while driving. After letting the batteries discharge below 50% to test the alternator charging, I observed the charge rate at 64 amps within a few minutes after starting my 1-hour drive back home from boondocking in the desert for a couple of days. It stayed at approximately the same charge rate for the entire drive. The refrigerator was off for the test but my original 600w solar array was still on. I was averaging about 15-20 amps from solar just before I started home so that was obviously supplementing the alternator charging. Here's the glitch; if you are utilizing the built-in MPPT solar controller as I am to charge the starter battery while in storage, the solar breaker to the Renogy solar panel (1, 50w panel in my case) must be switched off while driving or the max charge from the alternator will be limited to 25 amps. That's is a pretty weird design in my opinion but no biggie to switch it off while driving. I just open the step compartment and flip the breaker then switch it back on when I park.
I also chose the Renogy 50A DC-DC charger and installed it under the steps like Ivuman did. One thing I changed was I put in a BlueSea 300A On/Off switch where the old solar controller was in my 2020 LTV MB. This way, when I am driving I can turn off the solar to the Renogy so like Ivuman, I get the full 50A running to the batteries. The switch was simple install which required no new wiring.

IMG_0350.jpg

lvuman

I also chose the Renogy 50A DC-DC charger and installed it under the steps like Ivuman did. One thing I changed was I put in a BlueSea 300A On/Off switch where the old solar controller was in my 2020 LTV MB. This way, when I am driving I can turn off the solar to the Renogy so like Ivuman, I get the full 50A running to the batteries. The switch was simple install which required no new wiring.

View attachment 166775
EnerGT, I really like the install you did with the Blue Sea switch. I've been switching my Renogy 50A DC-DC charger off with the circuit breaker installed inside the step compartment. I think I'll rewire it with a Blue Sea disconnect switch too but install the switch where it can be switched off, on-the-fly, if we forget to switch it off before we start driving.

SSTraveler

Stephen Tartaglia, Owner/General Manager of Lithionics has assigned Jackson D'Ettorre as our Lithionics Leisure Travel Van Point of Contact, here is his contact information:

Jackson D'Ettore
Product Manager
1770 Calumet Street
Clearwater, FL 33765 USA
jackson@lithionicsbattery.com
Office: 727-726-4204 | Web: LithionicsBattery.com

SSTraveler

Here are the Lithionics Installation Guides for their batteries installed with a Xantrex XC Pro 2000w and 3000w Inverters and the Victron Multiplus 2000w and 3000w Inverters. The number and type of Lithionics Batteries doesn't matter, so you fill in that blank and the rest of the installation is defined in the attached guides.

Attachments

Top Bottom