Ecm bypass 12v to fuel pressure regulator solinoid

Bnice

Hello everyone. first time posting. Looking for some advice. I have a 2004 t1n that was giving me some generic codes for my o2 sensor and was giving me some drivability issues with intermittent power lose. I Replaced the sensor and the problem continued. I ran some tests on the harness and it seemed like it was fine. Pulled the ecm out to run those tests and while driving home the van died. I got a generic code for the fuel pressure regulator sensor and the pump was not staying on with the key. After two days of research and testing sensors and wire harness. I fond that my eco is no longer sending 12v to the fuel pressure solinoid I jumped 12v to the sensor and got the van to start.

my question is. If my ecm is going bad. Can I run 12v fused relay to the sensor and safely drive the van.

thx for any help in advance.

B

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
First step before modifying the electrical system would be to double check that all disturbed connections are properly tight and that there’s no wiggle in the connectors. Second step would be to clean off the ECM ground lug and reconnect. The ECM units don’t seem to be terribly problematic but often get blamed for other wiring faults but sending it to SOS Diagnostics for testing would be recommended if the wiring faults don’t immediately present themselves.

Bnice

First step before modifying the electrical system would be to double check that all disturbed connections are properly tight and that there’s no wiggle in the connectors. Second step would be to clean off the ECM ground lug and reconnect. The ECM units don’t seem to be terribly problematic but often get blamed for other wiring faults but sending it to SOS Diagnostics for testing would be recommended if the wiring faults don’t immediately present themselves.
Thx
I feel that I checked all connections and grounds. I keep reading about how the harness or ecm can get brittle. The van has 430000 miles and I have had to fix some wires for heater fan and lights already.

Top Bottom