Can you help Police ID this Sprinter Driver in Los Gatos California?

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
On 10/18/2020 at approximately 4:00 p.m., Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Police responded to a report of a sexual assault that occurred on Benedict Lane in Los Gatos. The juvenile victim was walking north on Benedict Lane near Chirco Dr. when the assault occurred. The adult male suspect approached the victim from behind and sexually and physically assaulted the juvenile before he fled the immediate area. The suspect was described as a white male adult, 25 to 35 years of age, 5’8” to 5’10”, with reddish hair pulled into a “bun” and a reddish colored beard. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, shorts, and hiking shoes, and left the area in a vehicle which was parked in a nearby parking lot. The vehicle was described as being a tan colored, early 2000’s, Mercedes Sprinter Van. The Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Police Department is conducting further investigation of this incident and request anyone with information about this incident or investigative leads toward a suspect identification to please contact the Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Police Department at (408) 354-8600.
@losgatosca #montesereno

Attachments

There aren't that many 118 T1N's in North America. Just narrowing it down to the 118 body style registered in the area may give them what they need. That single roof rack is also a distinguishing feature.

vic

GaryJ

Here since 2006
California vehicles need to have a front license plate. This Sprinter may be from out of state.

Gary

D

Deleted member 50714

There are lots of laws not enforced in California, like shoplifting.

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
I think the 140 and 158 single rear wheels were 16". I don't think 118 came with 16". Someone will probably correct me.
You’re correct. The 118 rides lower and only came with 15” wheels. What I don’t know is if they put rear flares on the 118 for any years, as a way of narrowing down the vehicle year.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
You’re correct. The 118 rides lower and only came with 15” wheels. What I don’t know is if they put rear flares on the 118 for any years, as a way of narrowing down the vehicle year.
If you're talking about the gray flares over the wheel arches, I have never seen any on 118's. I have them on my 140's and at one point I wanted to remove them because it looked odd to me.

sailquik

Has anyone called the police and asked if they are looking at registrations if they realize that it's a
Dodge or Freightliner with a modified MB symbol/badge on the front?
They may be looking for a 2002-2006 Mercedes Sprinter, and their never were any T1N Mercedes
Sprinters in the USA......only Freightliner and the Dodge.
I think the "grill/emblem kit" to convert USA Spec Freightliner and Dodge T1N's to Mercedes may
have also changed the area around the headlights.
Roger

I think the "grill/emblem kit" to convert USA Spec Freightliner and Dodge T1N's to Mercedes may
Roger
Good points about checking with police. :thumbup:

The Freightliner headlight units are a different shape. The Mercedes conversion kits are Dodge/Freightliner specific unless you change over the headlight unit$.

vic

D

Deleted member 50714

Has anyone called the police and asked if they are looking at registrations if they realize that it's a
Dodge or Freightliner with a modified MB symbol/badge on the front?
They may be looking for a 2002-2006 Mercedes Sprinter, and their never were any T1N Mercedes
Sprinters in the USA......only Freightliner and the Dodge.
Roger
Nelson Sprinter?

lindenengineering

I am sure if they wanted to locate the individual they could.
In any case all they have to do is contact Child Support Services and they will fill find him in five minutes.
Its that simple!
Dennis

sailquik

All,
I sent an email to one of the other Los Gatos-Monte Sereno PD property officers who had an email address
on their website and just got a nice thank you from one of the investigators.
I included all of the concerns that we collectively came up with here.
Roger

D

Deleted member 50714

We are the formidable Sprinter Super Sleuth Squad. It could very well be one tiny clue that cracks the case that collars the monster.

Top Bottom