Anybody using Lucas Transmission Fix additive?

I had my first transmission slipping today and was thinking of doing full fluid change and add Lucas Transmission Fix. I was wondering if anyone has opinion on Lucas. Also, 7 liter fill after draining pan and torque converter?

huskyfrk

if you have the funds, get it diagnosed and fixed right. should b able to have it checked w a code reader and by someone who is familiar w them. great trans if maintained on a regular basis...

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
Start with a full drain and fill including the TC and trans filter only?? Wait until you see what is on the magnet! Inquiring minds want to know how many miles and how many since your last fluid change, thoughts around here are about 50k plus or minus for a heavy MH.

Last edited:
It's been only about 10k mile since the last change with Shell ATF 134 236.14 . Over the summer in CA, I idled a few hours a week in scorching heat and not sure if that was the cause. Transmission oil is black in color after just 10k mile. Lucas Transmission Fix has mixed reviews, some swear by it some not at all. Ordered geniune MB transmission fluid change kit and will see what happens, but I would like to know if anyone used Lucas Transmission Fix additive and its effectiveness.

... but I would like to know if anyone used Lucas Transmission Fix additive and its effectiveness.
Given the anti additive sentiment encouraged by Mercedes, you are probably better off looking for actual user reviews using Google or other search engines.

:2cents: vic

BGerker

T1N Collector
I used Lucas Stop-Slip and it did not help my '04 T1N with shift flare. The thick fluid seemed to cause vibration similar to RSN and this persisted until we drain/fill again with Shell ATF134. Conductor plate might help, but from my limited experience most problems with these transmissions can be solved with a plate and fluid... but slip/flare is incurable. Perhaps a new torque converter is needed more than a transmission, but is that even worth trying? Please use affiliate links in description to find fluid, plate, etc.

Top Bottom