Jeep loses rack and roof

Wow! For a couple reasons.

The guy with the dash cam was only safe by seconds... milliseconds??

Do you know if the occupants survived?

vic

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Pray she recovers.

image.jpeg

D

Deleted member 50714

Sooo relieved the dogs are okay. No mention of hubby?
Couple should be charge with animal endangerment.

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
I went down about 150 feet in my Cherokee. I landed in a tree top which lowered me slowly to earth. Then a few rotations and I ended upright with the front impaled on an old stump. All four wheels were off the ground.
The top had been crushed down to about six inches from the window sills. Only the spot right over the drivers seat had a bit of room. If I had a passenger, they would have head injuries.
As it was, I broke some ribs, bloody nose from hitting the steering wheel and a cut in the back of the head from my tire jack coming loose.
I sat there wondering how I was going to crawl out through the back as that was the only opening big enough.
I took a minute to gather my thoughts. Then I tried the driver's door. It opened perfectly, and would shut just as nicely.
It was only 23 miles to find help.

D

Deleted member 50714

I went down about 150 feet in my Cherokee. I landed in a tree top which lowered me slowly to earth. Then a few rotations and I ended upright with the front impaled on an old stump. All four wheels were off the ground.
The top had been crushed down to about six inches from the window sills. Only the spot right over the drivers seat had a bit of room. If I had a passenger, they would have head injuries.
As it was, I broke some ribs, bloody nose from hitting the steering wheel and a cut in the back of the head from my tire jack coming loose.
I sat there wondering how I was going to crawl out through the back as that was the only opening big enough.
I took a minute to gather my thoughts. Then I tried the driver's door. It opened perfectly, and would shut just as nicely.
It was only 23 miles to find help.

Curious, none of my business really, how old were you at the time?

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
About 35. I had been out mountain biking and was on my way home. The bike had been rolled over. The seat was broken and unsitable and one pedal was bent.
I thought I had internal injuries and sat on the roadside for about 20 minutes waiting to die. When that didn't happen, I tried the bike. The added adrenaline and such made for a very enjoyable ride.

D

Deleted member 50714

I assume hubby died?

Curious if she remains an off-road enthusiast?

Exhibit A: Why I always drive.

The tragedy of youth that it is wasted on the young.

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
^^^ evaluate

One fin;
.. the male (not hubby) a 22 year old friend: .. he was injured when in an effort to regain the driver’s seat and control of the vehicle/ was thrown into nearby rocks as the Jeep tilted over the edge of the roadway!

Robert Bobby;
.. there is no hubby and nobody died!

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
So they took a Jeep with no roll cage on 1 of the most dangerous trail in the World?

Looks like it has highway tires as well.
I am glad it ended without death.

D

Deleted member 50714

So, she'll sue the state for failing to close the road during dangerous conditions.

Top Bottom