Anyone know what this is?

I'm installing a Webasto Air Top 2000 STC heater under the passenger seat. Underneath the van in this area, there's a gray plastic enclosure between the frame members - see the photo. I can work around it, but wondering if anyone knows what this is.

Attachments

Park City Mike

I'm installing a Webasto Air Top 2000 STC heater under the passenger seat. Underneath the van in this area, there's a gray plastic enclosure between the frame members - see the photo. I can work around it, but wondering if anyone knows what this is.
it holds your jack and tire iron. Access it from the passenger step and it will all make sense.

VanGoSki

Don't feel so dumb. Here's a video of a guy showing how to install one of these heaters and he didn't know what that was either. Jump to time 8:45. "I'm not really sure what that is." LOL!

D

Deleted member 50714

What the hell do these youngsters do for gainful employment to bankroll van life?

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
What the hell do these youngsters do for gainful employment to bankroll van life?
Trust funds? Over-protective parents? I just found out that my wife's step-sister has been paying for her kid's auto insurance even though the child is 25 years old. Now that she (the kid) is *getting married* her step-sister is thinking she'll stop paying for her insurance (I guess it is the upcoming spouses job now)... Bear in mind that the kid lives 3,000 miles away from the parent, on her own, in Alaska. I also have a good friend of mine who it turns out supplies his now 25 year old daughter with cars, and pays for the registration/insurance for same (despite her living 2,500 miles away from him - working, and owning her own home). Neither of these parents are particularly "wealthy" although the step-sister probably has a fair amount of disposable income. I suspect that there is a lot of this going on.

D

Deleted member 50714

Yup, NOx Free Family Automotive Maintenance here, joyfully maintaining kids and grandkids cars for years.

Except for one, all too lame to figure it out on their own, and worse, refuse to learn.

Better for me in the long run because it eliminates fixing pesky blunders from the Lemon Factories.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Parents usually support daughters, hoping that they will find good husbands who will take over.
Not too many support grown up sons.

paintrain

Likely they're developers working for a tech company that supports remote/tele workers.

A few years back, before escaping the Bay Area as fast as we could (we couldn't justify cost of living any longer), there were stories of devs working for Google were purchasing RV/Vans and living in the parking lot...Google provides, free food, fitness rooms, showers, etc.

They determined that with their average starting salary of $150K, buying a van, outfitting it, and leveraging those amenities, it made financial sense.

Anecdotal for sure, but I don't think my paraphrasing is too far off the mark.

Top Bottom