Atlanta, GA Independent shops for Sprinter

gohawks15

Hello All, looking for an independent Sprinter mechanic in Atlanta, GA area. Already searched through this forum and did not see any mention of a mechanic in this area. Any reference to an honest gem would be greatly appreciated!

Csansom001

2003 High Top 158in
Arguably the best in the nation - Doktor A is in Clemson if you can make the trip.

Other than Doktor A, I’ve used Rocco’s European Garage (Sandy Plains Location). I liked them but didn’t love.

What do you need done? I have a scanner and have done quite a bit of DIY/learned a few things from the Doktor.

Hello All, looking for an independent Sprinter mechanic in Atlanta, GA area. Already searched through this forum and did not see any mention of a mechanic in this area. Any reference to an honest gem would be greatly appreciated!

gohawks15

Thanks so much for the reply. I am actually wanting a pre-purchase inspection in the Atlanta area. If I pull the trigger, having mechanic resources in Georgia would be great. However, Clemson is about 2 hours away and I'm reading great things about Doktor A. :)

Csansom001

2003 High Top 158in
I’d be more than happy to do one. I’m not a professional, but at the very least I could walk you through what to look for on a t1n (02-06) sprinter. Florida van man also has a great checklist for pre-inspection (link below). Their YouTube channel is awesome. I’m located at 30360 zip code.

Thanks so much for the reply. I am actually wanting a pre-purchase inspection in the Atlanta area. If I pull the trigger, having mechanic resources in Georgia would be great. However, Clemson is about 2 hours away and I'm reading great things about Doktor A. :)

gohawks15

I’d be more than happy to do one. I’m not a professional, but at the very least I could walk you through what to look for on a t1n (02-06) sprinter. Florida van man also has a great checklist for pre-inspection (link below). Their YouTube channel is awesome. I’m located at 30360 zip code.

Thanks, Csansom001. I was actually looking at a 2015 but decided against it. As reliable as the t1n is, it seemed like finding a needle in a haystack was more possible than obtaining a rust-free, low milage version. I'll check out the YouTube link. I really appreciate the offer and will definitely reach out in the future. I'm in the 30030 area, so not too far away. Feel free to send a direct message and we can exchange contact info. Thanks again!

Csansom001

2003 High Top 158in
I take back my word on Rocco’s at least for anything outside of normal routine maintenance. Just got off the phone and they told me it would be 12 hours of labor to install my silver star transmission lol.

Arguably the best in the nation - Doktor A is in Clemson if you can make the trip.

Other than Doktor A, I’ve used Rocco’s European Garage (Sandy Plains Location). I liked them but didn’t love.

What do you need done? I have a scanner and have done quite a bit of DIY/learned a few things from the Doktor.

3Play

[QUOTE=" they told me it would be 12 hours of labor to install my silver star transmission lol.
[/QUOTE]

Wow! The mercedes tranny rebuilder I use in L.A. had it out of my T1N in about 30 minutes, same time frame going back in...
Different models, not apples to apples, but certainly not even in the same galaxy as 12 hours!!!

Top Bottom