Mattress, Platform, and Related Dimensions for a TB

We have an LTV on order, so I can't measure anything myself yet, and I can't find the right information anywhere (I did quite a bit of searching in this forum). I am looking for the dimensions of the bed platform area(s) in the TB floorplan, including the radius of the curve. We are looking to replace the mattresses with custom ones, and want to fully maximize the available space. Additionally, I'm hoping to find the thickness of the current manufacturer mattress, the current height/clearance between that mattress and the closet overhang, and the portion of the mattress length that is below the closet overhang.

I have already found several recommended suppliers within this forum, and we are already anticipating adding/upgrading the struts to support the added weight of the memory foam Tempur-Pedic style mattress we're wanting to use (we use a Tempur-Pedic on a wood platform at home). For anyone who has added such a custom mattress, has the added weight proven problematic over time in any way?

C21bill

2018 Unity TB
I'll be picking mine up from storage tomorrow afternoon. If you don't have a response by then, I'll be glad to get your measurements. Post a reminder tomorrow.
Bill

It will actually be Thursday when we retrieve our Unity from storage.
Bill

Last edited:

C21bill

2018 Unity TB
Here are measurements: both platforms 34 7/8" wide. Roadside platform is 74" long, curbside is 77" long (both measured from face of headboard which protrudes an inch or more. (Existing 7" high mattresses fit under the headboard with more than an inch to spare). Cabinets are ~ 11" above the mattresses. The roadside closet overhangs the mattress by 8.5" and the curbside overhangs by 11.5" The radius is ~ 7 or 7.5" (kinda hard to tell) If I were you, I would contact LTV and find out if there were any changes to the bedroom cabinets from the 2018 t0 2021 models or wait until yours arrives. The supplied mattresses aren't bad and will work fine if you decided to replace them later.

I got a good buy on a Tempur Pedic that I then cut down to fit. It is a lot heavier than the old mattress. The cabinet under the mattress is not something that we use on a regular basis. If I am going into the cabinet to work on the water pump etc. I move the mattress off the platform. The wood that the struts screw into is not that substantial and I would rather move the mattress than bust the platform. Height with the mattress is a big deal it your feet go under the cabinet. Anything thicker and I think you may have problems, at least I know I would.

I got a good buy on a Tempur Pedic that I then cut down to fit. It is a lot heavier than the old mattress. The cabinet under the mattress is not something that we use on a regular basis. If I am going into the cabinet to work on the water pump etc. I move the mattress off the platform. The wood that the struts screw into is not that substantial and I would rather move the mattress than bust the platform. Height with the mattress is a big deal it your feet go under the cabinet. Anything thicker and I think you may have problems, at least I know I would.
Thanks for that note about the strength of the wood paneling. I'm running into that consideration more and more as I read through mods people have done. I think we're looking at an 8" mattress, so only 1" higher than the factory mattress. I think I can make that work.

Kosinar

2017 Unity TB Silver
I remember myself rushing to buy this and that while I was waiting for my 2017 Unity TB. Waiting was unbearable. I was killing time by planning to change, improve and replace a lot of things. Some of them I did and some of them I did not. On some of them I am glad that I did not. On others I wish I waited until I had the unit in my hands so I had an idea what I was dealing with. If I were you I would wait. Specifically with mattress thickness. I know it is hard just to wait. It was unbearable for everyone on this forum I am sure.

Top Bottom