I know this is a Unity Forum, but Dayammm!! The iSMove!!

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Check THIS out: https://newatlas.com/automotive/ismove-smart-motorhome/

Movable bathroom wall, and lifting bed in front.
Rotating secondary seating.
Bicycle garage.
Compressor Refrigerator - Drawer-type.
Storage seems tight, though.

This YouTube video is all in German, but interesting:

I just wanted to post it because I see the future for RVs holding some real surprises!
That report says it may start at $107,000 - but many of the best features are add-ons. Aren't they always??

Klipstr

2018 Wonder FTB
We have some friends in Germany that had a NB. They shipped it to Baltimore several years ago and traveled to Key West, then across the country on I-10. We met them at Carlsbad Caverns. Thought their rig looked cool and Laura observed that the ferry ride from Germany must have cost a fortune. We helped each other drink our wine and became friends. They came to Show Low and spent a couple of days with us then headed to Alaska. Broke down in Tok and had to wait almost two weeks for a part to fix their rig! Then on across Canada to Baltimore where they shipped their rig home.

We hung out in it. It was bigger, I think: 32". Awesome. Most amazing RV we've ever seen. They've since sold theirs and bought another brand.

Yes, we need this in the US to kick the asses of our American builders!

Scarecrow

So glad to hear from you! Give Laura my best, please! I am still unpacking here. I got the replacement awning in last week but have to figure out how to install it. Damn thing is HEAVY!! Getting used to Florida - but everybody in this community seems to be at least 15 years older than I am -- if not 20. I cannot keep up with most of them!

I thought the above RV was gorgeous but I'd have to see it in person. I noticed in the video that he never showed the bed above the cab that lowers down and then hides away. The outside storage seems to be a bit sparse compared to our Unity-s (Unities??). I love that German sense of style, though. I wonder if those movable partitions jam-up after 3,000 miles of hard road ride. I would think you definitely need a level parking spot to keep them functional.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Spend some time in Germany on several occasions and never have seen Joshua Trees there
No slide will put it out of competition in US at the start.

Scarecrow

Spend some time in Germany on several occasions and never have seen Joshua Trees there
No slide will put it out of competition in US at the start.
Not so sure of that. The more people I talk to (like Klipstr), the more I find who do not like Slides. But this offers a Sliding Bathroom Wall, a Sliding Kitchen Wall, and a Sliding Front Bed Platform... so... there's that. :cool:

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
even without seeing those in real life, I can already tell you those are very high maintenance items.
Imagine when you need #2 and bathroom wall is stuck in shower position.

woundedpig

2018 Unity MB
Thanks, Scarecrow. The US market could definitely need more innovation. I've looked at some at the European models and some from Australia on other chassis types. Very interesting. If we ever traded, we would not specify a model with a slide - just depends on the floor plan. Four season designs, more efficient, quieter AC units, etc would be welcome.

Danarbor

2017/2018 Unity Twin Bed
FWIW, I would gladly pay more $$$ for a true four season coach similar in size to my 2017/2018 Unity TB. It's not that winterizing and de-winterizing is that difficult, it would just be nice to be able to leave my coach ready to go anywhere I choose year round regardless of the temperature without having to go through that process.

Klipstr

2018 Wonder FTB
Our friends' rig had more outside storage than you could possibly use. The garage area under that bed in back is huge. Their model did not have the bed that came down in front. Everything was top notch built. Unity is good but these are better IHMO. Because they are a Class A rather than C the front area is much more open. They feel huge inside and really don't need the extra 20-30 square feet that would be gained by a slide. But the overall size is much larger. Not nearly as nimble as our rigs.

DHH

Video production quality was really first rate. I have mixed feelings on the slide. I have a Winnebago View with a slide that we hardly ever extend. Doesn't the Leisure Travel Vans offer the Wonder without slide, or am I wrong? No idea if that is a popular model, but I really like LTV. Maybe my next RV.

geds

2018 Serenity
We bought the Serenity, specifically to avoid a slide! We had a slide prior to it and would never have another one.

geds

2018 Serenity
I watched the video and my first impression was I was looking at a high tech bread box on wheels..... My wallet pocket instinctively cramped thinking of the fuel economy and my knuckles turned white thinking of dealing with cross winds........to each his own!

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I watched the video and my first impression was I was looking at a high tech bread box on wheels..... My wallet pocket instinctively cramped thinking of the fuel economy and my knuckles turned white thinking of dealing with cross winds........to each his own!
With diesel engines those things can be quite economical.
European is quite different market, than American.
First 3.5 tons vehicles require European CDL, so there is high pressure to make RV lighter than that. That comes with lousy cross wind resistance.
My Truck/ truck camper combo was size of my Sprinter, yet with 7 tons of weight, winds were not issue.
On park Sprinter- passing compact car will make it moving.
Than roads in US are much wider than in Europe.
Lastly $100,000 for lot US families can be disposable funds, when not so fast in Europe.

Klipstr

2018 Wonder FTB
Video production quality was really first rate. I have mixed feelings on the slide. I have a Winnebago View with a slide that we hardly ever extend. Doesn't the Leisure Travel Vans offer the Wonder without slide, or am I wrong? No idea if that is a popular model, but I really like LTV. Maybe my next RV.
There are three Unity models and all the Wonder models without slides. We have the Wonder FTB and love it. Moved from the Unity MB to the Wonder FTB. Much brighter inside and the galley area is much more functional. Bathroom is a bit smaller and less sleek, if you will, but not an issue. No slide will increase your carrying capacity (I think, though have not studied it thoroughly in the LTV lineup).

Definitely give LTV a look. Great product.

TwoClinks

2016 Unity TB
We met some folks from Switzerland at Big Ben NP. They shipped a Hymer over to the US to explore America for 6 months. We traveled about a month with them and lead them to our home in Texas. It was cool to share cultures and we enjoyed travel with them every mile. Somethings features I like and others were foreign to me. It was front wheel drive, had a narrow coach door, no AC, and they had to adapt to our 120 voltage. The wood work was beautiful and it was comfortable and inviting inside. The bed was raised in back to allow a large garage for bikes. When hanging around LTV management, the admitted to some design influences from Europe. They attend RV shows over there.

Scarecrow

FWIW, I would gladly pay more $$$ for a true four season coach similar in size to my 2017/2018 Unity TB. It's not that winterizing and de-winterizing is that difficult, it would just be nice to be able to leave my coach ready to go anywhere I choose year round regardless of the temperature without having to go through that process.
It's interesting that you wrote this because LTV did build such a coach years ago. Then dropped it from their line for some reason. Not a Unity, as I recall. Probably more a van style - like the Freedom (not advertised as All-Season in this brochure):

Here is an interesting article on what TRUE Four-Season RVs might be like (you'll have to scroll way down past all the photos and advertising):

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I would like to walk on the moon as well, but this is not going to happen.
I happen to use cabin in Sierra, who was exposed to low temperatures.
The main water valve was placed in crawl space, about 2 ft below the surface. There was about 10 ft long valve handle shaft, who ended in master closet so you could open it or close without crawling.
House was on the slope, so it had draining faucet on front of it, what would drain water heater and piping. You had to open all faucets for bleeding.
Than you'd flush all toilets and at the end put anti-freeze in each P-trap and toilet bowl.
Long process and still not fool-proof as regardless instruction glued on vanity door- a visitor would turn electric water heater without filling it.
That would blow the heating element.
I had 4-season truck camper. Older model, so still single pan windows, but holding tanks had insulated compartment and heating duct going to it.
There was no return duct from the compartment, so hot air blown on holding tank had to go via gaps around the plumbing into the woods.
Bottom line, you could blow 14 gallons of propane in single weekend as it took a LOT go keep it warm.

geds

2018 Serenity
It's interesting that you wrote this because LTV did build such a coach years ago. Then dropped it from their line for some reason. Not a Unity, as I recall. Probably more a van style - like the Freedom (not advertised as All-Season in this brochure):

Here is an interesting article on what TRUE Four-Season RVs might be like (you'll have to scroll way down past all the photos and advertising):
Interesting article. The 2018 Serenity we just sold had tank heaters and the Truma winterizing water heater kit. We camped in Penn. down into the mid 20s and had no problems. Although we had Pex pipes, the valves and fittings are still the weak points of the plumbing system and are prone to freeze and break - so we were nervous!

I would certainly say LTV RVs are 3 season and can withstand a few colder nights. My bigger concern about freezing temps are when we are not in it. So we would have to winterize and dewinterize to use the RV in winter and early spring conditions. The only way I know around that is to either live in it or store it inside a conditioned storage space.

Top Bottom