2006 Itasca Navion Lighting upgrade/repair

As I'm sure many of you have experienced, I have a few missing clearance light lenses. I also (of 100% my own doing) have a smashed up rear signal lens. I can probably glue the lens for now, but I have a few questions as I'm sure I am NOT the first person down this road:

1. Is there a good replacement for the rear oval lights (ironically for me, original to something like a European Fiat & officially NLA), either lenses, or full assemblies? I mean something that requires minimal fabrication....obviously, any lights can be made to fit.

2. Same question for the array of clearance lights along the rear & corner. I was thinking of getting a set of LED lights for this and replacing them all at once.

3 (more a wiring/Sprinter question) Has anyone changed the headlight wiring to give the driver control of the headlights & if so, how did you do so? I would hope this was a simple US DOT or even RV type wiring hack done for the sale, but I find the lack of control of lighting to be ridiculous (and I'm sure annoying to others when we are camping & have to start the engine after dark).

Thanks in advance for the space & any feedback/wisdom.

GaryJ

Here since 2006
The reason your headlights come on when you start the engine is because you have daytime running lights. There are 3 fuses that can be removed in the fuse panel alongside the drivers seat. I pulled mine 14 years ago so I can’t tell you which fuse numbers to pull. I could look at mine but I don’t think all the fuse slots were full to begin with and I’m not sure the fuse identifications were all that descriptive. Let me know if you want me to look further at my fuse panel.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I think they’re either labeled or at some point I had a map. I did not realize or expect the solution to have been so simple on those. That’s definitely a nice way to do it.

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
As I'm sure many of you have experienced, I have a few missing clearance light lenses.
Mine was missing two of the rear center three when I went to pick it up. I figured they would be hard to find, so I asked the selling dealer to order me two from Winnebago and mail them to me. They did, and the lights I got were nothing like the ones used back in '06 - Those fixtures and lenses are NLA and nearly impossible to find, and I guess everyone knows it . . . . I saw one red lens on eBay for $35 when I was searching

I later found one of the missing lenses behind the spare tire, so I was only short one. What I did was . . . . I found a pair of much smaller LED rectangular fixtures on eBay and I put them on the lower corners, where the OEM oval fixtures were a little too large to look good anyway and used one of the lenses to replace my missing lens . . . . and now, I have a spare oval fixture/lens . . . . and no, I won't sell it

Later, I replaced every bulb (other than the headlights) both inside and outside with LED's - I think about 30 of them inside alone

Don

Top Bottom