Feature request: please make DZ posts editable

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-9 SPRINTER

That makes sense for the situation in which someone changes their benign perspective. It does not make sense for someone who is concerned about persecution, privacy or leaving breadcrumbs on the internet.
Again...

Be responsible for your actions and posts....
you wont have any problems and have no worries about your so called breadcrumbs
Life has consequences

bladerunner

I'd like to formally request that the forum admins and moderators consider making the posts in the DZ subforum editable and/or deletable so that members can edit/delete their own posts

I understand that this is possible with the current forum software. If it is undesirable for members to be able to edit/delete their own DZ posts, please help me understand why.

Personally I'd think that it is useful for old posts in the rest of the general forums (with the exception of Classifieds?) to remain immutable (after the initial edit period of 24 hours) in order to provide a searchable topical body of knowledge to future readers.

I don't think anyone would consider the DZ contents a body of knowledge though :)

If there are other reasons against this request, I'd love to understand them.

Thanks for your consideration!

I object!

Your.................. IMHO cowardly intention is exactly how it was in the book 1984.

If you have seen the errors of your past claims/ways...................be a man and fess up accordingly!!

Either way it still stays on the record!!

K-9 SPRINTER

Would you be open to a one time wholesale deletion of my posts in the DZ (or everywhere)? If you can delete my old posts,

Furthermore, old posts in the DZ shadows are not indexed by search engines but are indeed searchable by the forum's search feature. So while they are not immediately visible, they're easy to dig up for someone who is interested in finding a particular member's past political / social / religious / etc views.
Humm.. sounds/looks like your planning to take somebody to court for defamation... like your buddy Airhead, and you want no trace of your comments

K-9 SPRINTER

By Airhead dropping out and coming back on board he deleted all his history........whether it is still on the Forums drives is unknown by me............................maybe Vic could clear that point up??

Newbie has at least 20 pages of his commentary up at the moment which is (hint, hint) downloadable.
Actually>>>> thats a great question.
he deleted his account, so now all his posts from the past of his bullshit posts, are under deleted member 86082, but now hes back with the SAME name.. but no history... airjoseph
NOT RIGHT ... moderator please link the accounts

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 50714

Actually>>>> thats a great question.
he deleted his account, so now all his posts from the past of his bullshit posts, are under deleted member 86082, but now hes back with the SAME name.. but no history... airjoseph
NOT RIGHT ... moderator please link the accounts
I second the motion.

K-9 SPRINTER

On the grounds the OP has openly expressed an aversion towards existence of the DZ and contributors, no longer owns a Sprinter, and to my knowledge, has not contributed anything beneficial in the technical threads.

Additionally, prior to deleting his account, the OP called the moderator a "whore", and upon his return, boasted about about being party to the demise of a similar political subforum on a popular boating forum, obviously attempting to accomplish same here. Total manipulator and troublemaker.

As a result, I respectfully request OP's request to be denied.

Respectfully submitted,

NOx.
Actually.. both accounts should be linked, and the IP banned... Theres no question... hes a trouble maker and needs to be banished
yes... a 1st for the sprinter source
but theres a 1st time for everything

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
That makes sense for the situation in which someone changes their benign perspective. It does not make sense for someone who is concerned about persecution, privacy or leaving breadcrumbs on the internet.
Here's what I recommend to (new) users of this forum...

1. Make sure you do not provide any private information. I do NOT want your private data. I do NOT care for your private data. The more you obfuscate your personal data the better (for me).
2. Search engine spiders are not allowed to scrape the DZ (it's been like this since inception). It keeps the discussion somewhat private. Of course we can't do anything when it slides out into the public forums.

Let me know if there is any private information that you would like to remove/change, but I will not delete a post(s).

bladerunner

Here's what I recommend to (new) users of this forum...

1. Make sure you do not provide any private information. I do NOT want your private data. I do NOT care for your private data. The more you obfuscate your personal data the better (for me).
2. Search engine spiders are not allowed to scrape the DZ (it's been like this since inception). It keeps the discussion somewhat private. Of course we can't do anything when it slides out into the public forums.

Let me know if there is any private information that you would like to remove/change, but I will not delete a post(s).
1. And is Airjosephs canceled membership data still on the Forums servers?

2. And if so will it be re linked to his new membership as requested by some members?

:cheers:

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
1. And is Airjosephs canceled membership data still on the Forums servers?

2. And if so will it be re linked to his new membership as requested by some members?

:cheers:
Its only as a deleted member.

That makes sense, why should he be able to hide all of his past transgressions, after he deleted his account?

And if this type of activity is allowed, why wont others follow suit?

Last edited:

K-9 SPRINTER

When I looked earlier they were still there and could be downloaded!
yes they are there, but no way to search for posts by Deleted member 86082. you would have to go thru every thread to find those posts, the search window does not search deleted members ( I was not able to figure out to search his for old posts

D

Deleted member 50714

I am going to join the boat forum and threaten the owner's with civil action for closing the political thread.
:dance: :dripsarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom